What's new

What is Your Favorite Fougere

I understand that the fougere scent can cover a lot of ground, but if you could recommend 1 or 2 fougere soaps for a newbie to try what would they be?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
MdC without question.

Asylum Shave Works (sold by Bullgoose and made by WSP) Royal Fougere is second in my book, close to the Trumper's Wild Fern and not quite as close to Penhaligon's English Fern.

There two are quite different but must-haves if you like fougere soaps.

Cheers, Steve

It's hard to pick just one because there are different kinds of fougere scents. Like Wholly Kaw Fougere Boquet is more of a sandalwood type of fougere, where Tiki Fougere is more of a green scent. Mickey Lee Reunion is a good one as well and is a peppery green type of scent. SV Felce Aromatica is another type of fougere but this one is much more of a clean fern scent. Cant go wrong with any of these scents IMO and all have their own uniqueness.

Not a shaving soap, but my favorite Fougere scent is in a bath soap made by Through The Fire Fine Craft. More of a clean green fern/floral scent than the various spicey versions out there. I'm not even sure if it's made anymore and I'm really doing best to find/figure out what fragrance was actually used so I can make a matching aftershave for myself.

Not a shaving soap, but my favorite Fougere scent is in a bath soap made by Through The Fire Fine Craft. More of a clean green fern/floral scent than the various spicey versions out there. I'm not even sure if it's made anymore and I'm really doing best to find/figure out what fragrance was actually used so I can make a matching aftershave for myself.
I like the TTFFC Spring Fern Shaving soap. Don't know if that's what you're thinking about or not. I have a sample that I use for my travel soap.

Another that I like - especially for the unique scent - is Topanga Fougere by Los Angeles Shaving Soap Co.

I like the TTFFC Spring Fern Shaving soap. Don't know if that's what you're thinking about or not. I have a sample that I use for my travel soap.

Another that I like - especially for the unique scent - is Topanga Fougere by Los Angeles Shaving Soap Co.
Could have possibly been mislabeled then. Here is a picture
20170730_192954.jpg
of the soap.

I own 3 Fougere scents and I love each for their uniqueness.

Felce Aromatica from Saponificio Varesino. I would call this a bright or green Fougere, possibly summer ish but all year round works.

Fougere Bouquet from Wholly Kaw. I would call this a darker Fougere, more earthy. In my book, you won't find better post shave and skin conditioning than Wholly Kaw

Forest City Fern from Shannon's soaps. Another darker, more earthy Fougere. Tallow based, Shannon's soaps don't get the attention they deserve

The Fougere from Asylum I understand many like it however it's not something I will buy unless they can put it in something other than those ridiculous tiny tins, personal major peeve of mine.

Thanks everybody for the responses. Seems like there is a consensus on the Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet, SV Felce Aromatica, and MdC with some votes for Asylum Royal Fougere. I will check these out.

My favorite fougere scent is G.F. Trumper Wild Fern cologne. For some unknown reason they do not offer this in either cream or hard soap. Probably just as well, as I tried their Eucris hard soap and it was useless un-latherable garbage. If you guys are familiar with the scent of GFT Wild Fern, do any of the independent soap makers offer anything similar or a "clone" version?

@Laird I have been looking at Fougeres lately, and I keep seeing reports that Bullgoose's Asylum brand fougere soap/AS (made for them by WSP) is similar to Wild Fern. I have not checked this out myself, but it's next up on The List. I like Wild Fern, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Top Bottom