What's new

What is Your Favorite Fougere

MdC for scent only
Asylum is awesome for scent and performance
Reef Point makes a great Fougere and is a great performer
Shannon's is great and +1 to those soaps not getting the mention they should

I love the Volabra Fougere but I wouldn't smell it and think "Fougere". I know it's a broad category but that just smells clean to me - but I do like the Volabra Fougere/stick.

I really want to try the L&L/Chatillon

MdC Fougere has been my favorite soap for both Fougere scent and performance for years. However, the L&L/Chatillon collaboration is tremendous. Its what I would call a slightly greener, lighter, more modern take on fougere and of course, the performance is superb. However, L&L being a soft soap is expensive and you pay a premium for the Fougere collaboration scent, so the cost per shave comes out just about the same as MdC, but it really is an elite product and so is the Chatillon matching aftershave. I enjoy the Valobra Fougere also, but I agree with PhilC that it is a very light scent and doesn't come across as a strong fougere at all, and the performance is so good. One of my favorites was the CRSW Fougere Moderne. It was a very nice modern take on fougere, but alas...I think discontinued. Fougere is such a broad category and the scents range greatly. To me, one of the very best was Barrister and Mann's Fougere Classique. It was based on a very old and original recipe that I felt was outstanding, however, many of the younger shavers in their clientele probably felt it was too heavy and complex and it was discontinued also.

Thanks for all of the responses. I am looking forward to giving some of these a try. I just learned Shannons Soaps are made in my hometown of Cleveland and Shannon just kindly sent me a sample of her Forest City Fern which smells absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to give it a try. Also received a sample of Eufros Fougere in the mail today. This also smells wonderful but not as dark as Shannons. Looking forward to shaving with this one too. Only wished my whiskers grew faster so I could try these soaps sooner:001_rolle

MdC Fougere...hands down for me. English Fern (Penhaligon's) was a great scented shave soap, but it's discontinued. (like most British triple milled soaps, it can be a little troublesome to lather).

Top Bottom