What's new

What is your favorite fougere soap?

How about Musgo Real it has Oakmoss and could be considered a Fougere. One of my favorites is Tiki Fougere but sadly no longer in production.

I did the "great fougere search" last year.

MdC is great but has no accompanying splash. Very light and powdery.

Wet Shaving Products did the Royal Fougere for Asylum. This was my favorite of the fougeres I've used and I still have most of a tin and a bottle and a half of the splash - not only the only time I've made a repeat purchase of a soap/splash, but also the only time I've purchased one I still had on hand. It's very close to MdC, maybe the scent being a tad stronger. This was actually my favorite of the genre. I pinged Lee at WSP to see if they would do this one again but never heard back. If they do produce it again, grab a carload of them.

West Coast Shaving's is also very good. A bit darker than MdC and Asylum versions. It smells more like being in a dark forest after a rain then a field of ferns, IMO. I still liked it.

Barrister & Mann's Fern is akin to the WSC scent - a bit darker. Reserve base is excellent but thirsty. Not bad by any means but not light and fresh like MdC and Asylum.

Well folks we are moving forward. All of us sitting here on the front porch together have helped me pick a few of your recommendations with confidence. This bunch should keep me busy for the next several weeks and months. Looking forward to this adventure.
Which ended up being your favorite?

Well this has been a fun ride. All of the recommendations were quite good and I have enjoyed them all and find them all keepers. The MDC is probably a slight stand out but not by much. There are some subtle scents in there that are intriguing which just makes it a fun one to come back to time and again.

Top Bottom