Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Specialty branded from store brewed at home

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Single cup from coffee shop

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Other (vote then list in thread)

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
Everyone has a favorite coffee they drink more than the others.

What is your favorite coffee?

made locally here n Durham, go to brew is french press...can't
proxy.php
go wrong

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Tanzania Peaberry and Kenya Nyeri are my current favorites.

Peets House Blend is right up there with them though!

Kenyan ROI Estate Peaberry (near Nairobi) and Ethiopian Queen City Harrar which have just come off the roaster, are next in the queue. Based on their respective smells, I have high hopes for them as well.

My family drinks S&D. Local company in business since 1927. They private label the coffee for most McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts stores among others.

Our Story

My wife and I drink (very) dark roasted coffee (she with foamed warm milk, I black) - I grind it here, French press it, and we take some with us in the morning in large thermal mugs. I've ordered roasted beans from as far away as Wyoming, and there are lots of hipster coffee roasting operations here in NYC we've bought from. Still, the single best-tasting, most consistent bean we can find (get bags with expiration dates at least 6 mos. in the future) is Starbuck's French Roast.

I like dark roasts, but not Starbucks bitter type dark.

I grind my own and brew in a Chemex.

Peets Major Dickenson is my favorite available in the grocery coffee. Usually very active when the water hits it so it appears to be, and tastes, very fresh.

Boyers is a Denver roaster, mostly handles coffee service accounts, but also sells package product in local stores. Not as fresh as the Peets, but can be OK. I prefer the French Roast.

Anything else I will get a pound of whatever sounds good from a local roaster for the freshness.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
My favorite store bought pre ground is Community Coffee's Hotel Blend.
A very solid coffee!!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I don't believe I have ever eaten etoufee. I may need to look this up.
All the times we have visited New Orleans I have gone straight to Johnnys Po Boys and Café du Monde!

made locally here n Durham, go to brew is french press...can't
proxy.php
go wrong
Counter Culture is some top notch coffee for sure. They sell it at Not Just Coffee which is one of the best coffee shops in Charlotte.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Over the past year it has been roughly 40% South American, 40% African, and 20% Central American. So a definite tilt towards the Americas but with Africa making a significant impact.

Have been drinking boutique espresso roasts from many of the top roasters for years. Most were excellent. But getting costly.

Found Redbird Espresso about five years ago and have not looked back! Currently $53.00 for five pounds, two day Priority delivery, also grind for French Press. Excellent and very highly recommended.

Top Bottom