What's new

What is your favorite BOLD cologne?

Second to last one on Boris, now all used up...
He who must not be named is world famous because 2300 posts were posted to his thread in Basenotes. What if they were 2300 negative posts? Would that make him infamous or still a nobody I haven't heard of?

I can’t prove it, but I told myself that your “second to last word on the subject“ would be nothing of the sort. We’re already plus two on that promise.
You know that this is the guy that goes to a dinner party, and when everyone is saying how much they are enjoying the Champagne that the host has served, he corrects them all saying that "it's actually Prosecco".
Screenshot_20200826-151037.png

Now quite clearly an EDT.

Mine is cologne, the bottle says so.
The current issue EDT is weak and restrained; it's not the same product. In fact, it's seemingly less potent than the original aftershave splash.
So, I am referring to the Cologne. Not the EDT. They're two different things.

Mine is cologne, the bottle says so.
The current issue EDT is weak and restrained; it's not the same product. In fact, it's seemingly less potent than the original aftershave splash.
So, I am referring to the Cologne. Not the EDT. They're two different things.
Can you buy the Cologne still?

Kouros is my boldest fragrance. Vintage Polo green is a real close second. Ted Lapidus PH, Aramis, Knize 10 and many Others are up there as well. Often the vintage “powerhouse“ are much bolder than the current version, but Kouros is still amazingly bold in it’s current iteration.

Old fashioned "Joop".

I heard about Joop, and tried a sample from a mall kiosk. It was a purple color IIRC. I don't know if it was the same as the old stuff, but man it stank! And was still making me cringe after 4-5 hours. (So, the longevity of the stuff isn't in question!)

I like Stetson and Cigar by Remy Latour. Both strong, long lasing, and bold.

Tom Ford discontinued Arabian Wood but it’s pretty darn bold. I have a warhead of juice I should send to the masses.

Claude Marsal La Symphonie. It's like an oud wood bomb. Summertime it's way too much, but it shines during the winter months. But take winter with a grain of salt because I live in Florida.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Forgive my ignorance. What is BOLD?
Not 4711!

...and my favorite strongly scented thing to splash on my face, the label on which I have not read with the thread in mind, is Vetiver by Guerlain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom