What's new

What is your favorite boar brush?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The group buy he is talking about involves 25 guys who are buying a custom brush from Rudy.

Hard for 25 guys to share one brush.

me. For being a smart ***.

proxy.php

I did too know what you meant. Good idea. Thanks for clueing me in.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Favorite would be SOC. I wasn’t a believer until I tried it. A narrow second would me my 1305 which, imho, is one of the best brush deals around. And it breaks in pretty quickly so it’s great for beginners.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Ron:
plus-one-png.797576
...and I've found my 'go-to' boars (B & B [Omega] 10th Anniversary & Gold Flake), to have knots that are more densely packed, not as soft as badger thought, but has lots of backbone, great exfoliating properties, but still more stiffer than badger (or a mix thereof). In short, boar is a face latherers dream! :thumbsup:

full

My Boar Brushes, Cinderella str8 razor, 'Special' str8 razor), Gillette (W-2 = 1951), razor w/ a Durham Duplex handle, my Merkur 38C and the Mrs. Lady Gillette (I-1 = 1963), Razor.

my-boar-shaving-brushes-jpg.835338

Two additional images...'blooming' nicely don't you think
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Happiness is the [boar] brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart"”. Mort Walker

Ron:
plus-one-png.797576
...and I've found my 'go-to' boars (B & B [Omega] 10th Anniversary & Gold Flake), to have knots that are more densely packed, not as soft as badger thought, but has lots of backbone, great exfoliating properties, but still more stiffer than badger (or a mix thereof). In short, boar is a face latherers dream! :thumbsup:

full

My Boar Brushes, Cinderella str8 razor, 'Special' str8 razor), Gillette (W-2 = 1951), razor w/ a Durham Duplex handle, my Merkur 38C and the Mrs. Lady Gillette (I-1 = 1963), Razor.

my-boar-shaving-brushes-jpg.835338

Two additional images...'blooming' nicely don't you think
proxy.php

+1
Great looking brushes and of high quality too.

As I said a few post back, the SOC with the beautiful cherry-wood handle is probably the best looking brush around. IMO

left to right, Antica Barbieria Colla (measured 27-28mm by a bit under 60mm), Thater (26mm by a a bit under 60mm) neither of these brushes had seen water at the time of the photo but have since been put into use, Mondial (60mm x 25mm), homemade Semogue SOC knot lofted at 52mm x 24 mm, homemade Omega 49 knot lofted at 56-57mm with a slightly oversized hole and a Zenith 26 x 57mm brush.

left to right, Antica Barbieria Colla (measured 27-28mm by a bit under 60mm), Thater (26mm by a a bit under 60mm) neither of these brushes had seen water at the time of the photo but have since been put into use, Mondial (60mm x 25mm), homemade Semogue SOC knot lofted at 52mm x 24 mm, homemade Omega 49 knot lofted at 56-57mm with a slightly oversized hole and a Zenith 26 x 57mm brush.
Love the pegboard display. What the hell you do'in in that bathroom anyway?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Which of these are your very favorites?

I don't have the ABC, but I have the AB Mondial brushed aluminum (same brush, I'm told, but I don't know). I have a different (beehive) Thater boar. I have the SOC. I have an Omega 48, but not the 49. I have the Zenith in aluminum.

In other words, you are a very smart guy and have a nice boar collection.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom