What's new

What is your favorite boar brush?

I got a good selection of boar brushes. I'd say around 12 boars.

Out of all of them, I would have to say that the Stirling boar is my favorite. It has a good amount of backbone, good amount of scrub without irritating my skin. It also looks nice and the handle is lovely to work with.

Omega brushes are nice. They have good backbone and scrub but the unbleached look doesn't hit the right chord for me. I wish it had the blond look with the same features but those are just small complaints.

Semogue brushes come in a close second. They have everything that I want and they look amazing as well. However, Stirling still beats them by a tiny bit for some reason. I just really love that handle. SOC is in my top 5 boars, as well as the 1250. I still have yet to use the 830 but I feel that it'll be a top boar as well.

Now Zenith brushes are a bit different for me. I only tried one and it has low backbone, low scrub, and below average performance. It's the softest boar that I have but the bleached bristles really do not fit with my lathering style. I'm sure the more expensive Zeniths like the big scrubby and aluminum handled ones perform better. However, I was a bit disappointed with the B10 brush that I have. It still works well but just not what I expected.

I still love all my boars but Stirling sits at the top for me. :a14:

Stirling is a nice looking brush for sure.

I only have 4 Omegas and my biggest one, 10108 is my favorite. Its a great luxurious beast of a brush and the tall handle keeps my hands relatively free of lather. I highly recommend it!

Interesting. I heard that a lot of people find this Omega brush too rough for their skin. What do you like about it?

It's the same bristle in all Omega Pros. Whatever variation of natural hair you get is luck of the draw. I lucked out with this one, everything about it is perfect. If it was a resin handle that would be my one brush to rule them all. Most ergonomic handle for my hands and it looks classy.

I absolutely adore my Semogue Owners Club in cherry, Semogue 830, and my Omega 11126. My Semogue 1800 makes honorable mention, though.

32653850-5214-451C-B561-9819CED4AAF4.jpeg

Graydog Proraso Boar, @Graydog —>You Rock! Thank You :clap:

Semogue 2000, Omega 10098, Zenith B17 and Omega 011842(connaught) are all in my rotation, and every one of them is a top notch performer

Top Bottom