What's new

What is your favorite blade Poll ?

What is your blade to take to an Island....

• Feather blades

• Derby Extra blades

• Israeli Personna blades

• Swedish Gillette "SuperSilver" blades

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jonnybc said:
Tesco is a supermarket here in the UK, they're £2 for 10....., There's no marking on the blade, the packaging looks a bit dodgy but they're excellent.

I've come to the conclusion that I prefer them to the easily available Swedish Gillettes, although a reliable source has informed me that they also originate from Sweden.

"The Feather is the closest thing to our Tesco blade" - eh Jonnybc:wink:

Regards
John

I'll vote for the Feather blades since the BIC DE blades are not on the poll. The BIC blades are my personal favorite followed by Feather then Swedes.

Patrick

ponyplayer said:
I'll vote for the Feather blades since the BIC DE blades are not on the poll. The BIC blades are my personal favorite followed by Feather then Swedes.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick for your vote, people if you dont see your blade on the list just mention it in the Thread like Patrick does atleast we can see how many odd birds are out there because PAtrick even If I had included the BIC blade I dont think its mainstream you are in a minority there , the mainstream blades I think are those 4. and sofar I havent seen 100´s of people writing here they use either the Bic or Wilkinson blade so untill that happends we can be sure people like these 4 the most.

Wilkinson
Bic
TEsco

I havent tried any of them, Jonny is sending me some of his Wilkinson and Tesco to try, Jonny Rocks.

yasuo200365 said:
I've come to the conclusion that I prefer them to the easily available Swedish Gillettes, although a reliable source has informed me that they also originate from Sweden.

It says on the pack, produced in the UK for Tesco. Do you think there's a secret DE blade manufacturing plant somewhere in England.

yasuo200365 said:
"The Feather is the closest thing to our Tesco blade" - eh Jonnybc:wink: /QUOTE]

Indeed they are... :thumbup:

Interesting that Merkur wasn't even a choice. I just switched to DE. Studied extensively before the change and seemed like the HD was the most universal of the choices and the Merkur blade seemed to be a good compromise between sharpness and forgivingness. So why weren't the Merkur blades on the list? Are they just too vanilla? To much the good on all fronts but the master of none? Would it be fair to say that no experienced DE shaver comes down to the Merkur blades as their fav?

MJB

MJB said:
Interesting that Merkur wasn't even a choice. I just switched to DE. Studied extensively before the change and seemed like the HD was the most universal of the choices and the Merkur blade seemed to be a good compromise between sharpness and forgivingness. So why weren't the Merkur blades on the list? Are they just too vanilla? To much the good on all fronts but the master of none? Would it be fair to say that no experienced DE shaver comes down to the Merkur blades as their fav?

MJB

Good point , frankly I didnt think of the Merkur when I made the Poll and in general its not the blade to go if you follow the SOTD's.

The point of the poll is to find out the blade to go for most men not to find out how many different DE blades there are there are way more out there. if this is your favorite blade then so be it just say so in the thread like the others thats good enough for me like I said I dont think 20 members suddenly going to write Merkur is their favorite.

Top Bottom