What's new

What is your favorite Bay Rum Soap

I love Bay Rum scents and have used Dominica Bay Rum AS for years even before I started wet shaving. It seems like every soap maker has their own take on the Bay Rum scent and I was wondering if the members of the forum could share with me their favorite Bay Rum soaps so I can pick some winners headed into the winter months. As of now the only Bay Rum soap I have tried is PAA. I really enjoy this scent as well as their matching mentholated Bay Rum AS.

Matt

I am also a Bay Rum fan!
I have tried:
Razorock Captains Choice Bay Rum
Mike's Bay Rum
PAA Bay Rum
Beehive Bay Rum
Col Conk Bay Rum

Mike's, Captains Choice and PAA are all very similar takes on the scent. I find Mike's to be the strongest scentwise. I think PAA is my overall top pick as I love the performance and scent.
Beehive is more subtle and a bit sweeter.
Col Conk is not what I think of as Bay Rum and a bit synthetic smelling.

I've lost track of all the different bay rum soaps that I've used, but I haven't lost track of my favorites: Mike's Bay Rum, and WSP Formula T Bay Rum. :thumbup:

Taconic Bay Rum shave cream is quite nice. I have the soap also, but have not tried it yet.
Ogallala Bay Rum shave soap is also good.

My bay rum AS is also Dominica, and I have two BR soaps: (1) Captain's Choice by Razorock and (2) Bebelush Shave Soap With Shea, Mango and Cocoa Butter - Bay Rum, Orange and Clove Scent.

They're both veggie soaps, and as a tallow fan, I don't give them much use. But they are both very good soaps.

I recently picked up Sudsy Soapery Citrus and Bay, and that is fantastic. I'm also a fan of B&M Bay Rum.

The only bay rum soap I still use is Hunting Lodge from Long Rifle Soap Co. It's actually a mix of bay rum, tobacco, and leather.

I have only used one. Lisa's Natural Bay Rum. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued. It was a great scent.

Captain's Choice! Great scent, and great soap! Leaves my face feeling the best out of all the soaps and creams I have, and doesn't make as much of a mess of the sink as others.

Haven't tried a bunch of Bay Rum soaps, and frankly don't see the need. Captain's Choice is my Favorite Bay Rum, and having their soap be great, is just icing on the cake.

Barrister and Mann, is my favorite Bay Rum purchase. But, lately I've been making my own. And you can put all of your favorite qualities into one soap making it yourself.

I have only sniffed a sample and used the soap in a different scent for the first time last night, but the Bay Rhum from Long Rifle smells great. I detect zero clove which is a major deal, I don't do clove at all. Based on initial impression from performance I can see myself buying a tub

I have only sniffed a sample and used the soap in a different scent for the first time last night, but the Bay Rhum from Long Rifle smells great. I detect zero clove which is a major deal, I don't do clove at all. Based on initial impression from performance I can see myself buying a tub

As stated elsewhere, this is a soap that almost everyone agrees is a top performer, even if it doesn't get a lot of vocal love. The Bay Rhum was the first soap that I finished off completely, and then I made sure to replace it!

As stated elsewhere, this is a soap that almost everyone agrees is a top performer, even if it doesn't get a lot of vocal love. The Bay Rhum was the first soap that I finished off completely, and then I made sure to replace it!
I was definitely impressed with the performance of the different scent sample I had. I've actually been searching for a Bay Rum soap that was strong enough for my liking that I smelled zero clove in which is the downfall of most

Top Bottom