What's new

What is your favorite Bay Rum Soap

For me, I have B&M Bay arum and have smelled Stirling's and realize the Pigmentosa Racemena or whatever the bay oil scent is does not make my top ten. They are therefore only good, not great.

That being said, I love Crowne & Crane Port Royal Bay Rum soap. Excellent product with wonderful qualities and I even love the scent.

I've only tried Captain's Choice, and have no need to try another. Both the scent and performance are great, as is the matching AS. I like it so much I can't help but feel like I'd be let down if I tried another.

B&M Bay Rum has been my go to. I believe it's clove free since it causes zero irritation to my skin. I pair it with CO9T's aftershave, which is also clove free if I recall correctly.

Just tried a sample of the B&M Bay Rum to try to decide if I should pick up a tub of the new glissant formula to be released Sept 22nd. I thought this soap smelled very similar to PAA Bay Rum but the scent strength of the B&M was significantly less than the PAA soap. Not sure if this is related to it being a sample but I certainly don't think it beats PAA in my eyes.

I'de not tried Bay Rum of any kind from anyone but.. I received a note from Cold River Soap Works and their "New For Fall" SELECT, new and improved 'Bay Rum' was being offered. So I bought it, tried it, and I've been using it daily over the past 5 days? Like I said, I didn't know what to expect, and I wasn't quite sure what Bay Rum was supposed to or did smell like. I will preface my thoughts here by saying that I do like the scent of bay leaf and I do like the scent of clove yet with this soap, those scents are smooth and warm rather than a sharp scent as you'd expect.

I have to admit that since using this soap, I'd be inclined to order another Bay Rum soap from another maker just to compare the differences. I'd say this is a good fall season scent and Cold River Soap Works is just the one that I happened to buy. I'd be interested in Wholly Kaw but I'll be damned if I will pay New Jersey's State tax when I live out of state. :a44:

Attachments

• DSC_1322.JPG
    DSC_1322.JPG
    429.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_1323.JPG
    DSC_1323.JPG
    428.7 KB · Views: 20
I see allot of hate for the clove but I prefer the heavy clove. Any clove heavy recommendations in tallow?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom