What's new

What is your favorite Bay Rum Soap

The Artisan Soap Shoppes bay rum is awesome. I like bay rum but I don't love most. Artisan soap shoppes is different than most it has a nice spiciness instead of cloviness that makes it very unique.

Barrister & Mann Bay Rum is my favorite. A pure, natural bay rum with good scent strength and great performance.

Long Rifle Bay Rhum was my first bay rum soap, and still the best in my opinion.
I absolutely agree the Long Rifle soap line is tops. Their take on Bay Rhum is unique and very pleasant. Even if you have other Bay Rhum soaps it would be worth get Long Rifle. My only "complaint" would be that the scent strength is on the lighter side...I like to be punched in the face with smell.

Mikes and WSP formula T would also be great choices. Excellent take on Bay Rhum and awesome performance.

Only tried 2 and both were excellent in my opinion. Stirling and a small sample of B&M (wish I had more than a sample now that I think about it).

Putting Long Rifle and PAA on my list to try.

I don't care for cloves, and the soap that has a very nice Bay Rum scent without cloves is Mystic Water.

I have had a few Bay Rum soaps and Captain's Choice is by far my favorite.

I had Country Club for Men Bay Rum and it was a decent scent but a mediocre soap. Mama Bears Bay Caribbean Bay Rum I got a skin reaction from, it had a decent scent.

My latest Bay Rum is a new maker called Cooper and French, Rum Runner scent. I have only used it for one shave so far and hate to form an opinion but the lather seems to lack a little slickness/performance for me but then it is tallow based and I may have been a little off on getting a good lather from it.

The only bay rum I own is Stirling's. It's the first bay rum soap I've bought and I'm so pleased with it that I never felt the need for another one.

My favorite Bay Rum are Barrister & Mann and Stirling both have a wonderful relaxing scent and is more enjoyable.

Just got a sample of Turtleship Bay Rum in the mail. Haven't tried it yet but the scent is the best Ive come across.

Another vote for Mystic Waters Bay Rum.

Worst I have tried was Ogalla (or however it is spelled). The clove overpowered everything else.

proxy.php

This is a good strong smelling bay rum that smells amazing. I like it better than B&M Bay Rum by a lot. I've burned through a 8oz tub of this. I don't even like Coconut but it smells so good mixed with this Bay Rum.

I'm a sucker for bay rum and have tried a number of bay rum soaps and aftershaves. My overall favorite bay rum soap (ease of lather, performance, etc) is Captains Choice. While I love Ogallala's strong clove scent, its performance is only average.

I'm not into Bay Rum as much but I liked Chatillon Lux' version (Black Bay Blossom). It's sweeter, and more modern but still has that familiar warmth you usually find in Bay Rum.

Top Bottom