What's new

What is your favorite aftershave or cologne bottle?

I've been curious about this for a while. I have 25+ aftershaves and colognes and noticed the majority are box shaped with a top. However a few have specific shapes. So my question is "What is your favorite bottle/container for and AS or cologne?".

My favorite is the Tabac line. I like the large bottle of AS and cologne. Something about the round shape and the large screw on top is appealling to me. I can hold the bottle in one hand and spin the lid on/off easily. They are big and I don't have to worry about a tiny lid falling off and disappearing somewhere in the bathroom. Also the shaker top is a nice change from most of mine which have the sprayer on them.

Just my $.02. What about you?

That would be easy to answer if aftershave bottles were made out of glass not frigging plastic.:mad3:

Toss-up between the LV or the Clubman 16oz bottle.:001_smile

I like the look of Musgo's A/S glass bottle. Its got nice smoothed curves. Looks awesome. It was even better when the label was made of cork.

Also the look of the Dominica Bay Rum bottle is cool too :thumbup1:

The Old Spice bottles - the pre P&G Shulton glass bottles. They have a classic style that looks great in any shave den.

Do the old kitchy Avon bottles count? Loved 'em, hated 'em, love 'em again. Easy to find and fairly inexpensive if you get them at an antique type store. Rinse, refill and suddenly you're applying AS at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, while driving a woody station wagon, or kicking off your cowboy boots after a hard day ridin' the range. Another advantage is that they're glass. Just sayin'.

proxy.php

Girlfriend really likes my Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male After Shave bottle.

Me, I think it's a little odd and think they should package the mens products in the female bottles and visa versa

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the look of Musgo's A/S glass bottle. Its got nice smoothed curves. Looks awesome. It was even better when the label was made of cork.

Also the look of the Dominica Bay Rum bottle is cool too :thumbup1:

Agreed. Musgo looked much better with the cork.

The Royall fragrance bottles are very nice. An Old Shulton Old Spice is a true classic that looks great, feels great in hand.

I think the Pinaud glass bottles that are like the present day plastic Bay Rum and Lilac Vegetal are very nice--they have thick glass and nice embossing on the sides. I found one in an antique shop-sadly the label was missing...great for decanting though...

It aggravates me that the rest of the world still uses glass bottles for most of their products while we here in the U.S. get the cheapest throw-away crap you can imagine. Even though I don't use AV my hats off to them in keeping the glass bottles. At least someone cares a little about their products image.

Marty E.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Q - What is your favorite aftershave or cologne bottle?
A - Any one that has Lilac Vegetal in it.

I definitely agree that glass bottles of any type are very appealing such as the AV bottle.

Nonetheless---and I know this sounds silly---I love to look at my Skin Bracer bottle just 'cuz it always reminds me of Jack Palance, Shane and City Slickers.

Top Bottom