What's new

What is your EDC?

View attachment 857756
Been toting this exclusively for the past couple weeks.
S&W 640..357 magnum. Sam Andrews Saddle Holster.
More often than not I’ll carry a revolver when I’m a ways from home.
Less to be concerned with in many ways and a pretty reliable pistol that does not tend to upset some folks like some sidearms may....like this other one.

View attachment 857759

That is a fine looking revolver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't firmly commit to a single handgun for EDC. It's generally one of these three, mostly the Smith & Wesson Model 10.

Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel .38 Special

Colt Detective Special .38 Special

Colt Government Model .45

429FDB51-3E72-4D52-92E1-724DCC49A682.jpeg
CDA5B12C-813F-4DB5-AE3A-62826A4C710E.jpeg
@Acmemfg , I bet you carry the tricked out Glock AIWB, right?

Actually a shoulder rig works pretty well for that one.
Then again...I know the guy who will, in reality, stitch you up one of these. Yikes!!!

I cannot carry everyday, as I work on a Govt facility, but when I do carry:

Gen 3 Glock 27
NY Green Trigger Return Spring and "-" Connector
165g Winchester Ranger T
I use either a Belly Band, a SmartCarry, or a Galco pocket holster, depending on my choice of pants.

I carry when I can and when I can. . .
Winter (Springfield Champion in DelFatti leather)

In the Summer (Kimber Eclipse Ultra in DelFatti leather)

View attachment 857358
S&W Model 60. 5 bangs of bad medicine.

View attachment 857359
or maybe a Springfield EMP 9. 100% reliable with the proper ammo.

View attachment 857357
Poker night, or Speedo weather, the Elsie Pea fits the bill.

Nice EMP. I'd love to eventually pick up an EMP, in fact, I've had my eye on them since SA first released them. If/when I do get one, it will probably be in .40S&W, and I'm debating between the standard EMP and the 4".

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Nice EMP. I'd love to eventually pick up an EMP, in fact, I've had my eye on them since SA first released them. If/when I do get one, it will probably be in .40S&W, and I'm debating between the standard EMP and the 4".

Just priced the standard and 4" EMP today at Cabela's. Both were priced at $1100.

Right now, my most expensive CCW cost me between $700-800 (my 1st gen S&W 1911SC), and most are in the $500 range. Depending upon where I get a job next year (I'm hoping to get a new job for next school year, though several nearby districts aren't going to be hiring many teachers so it will be a tight market) I hope to move to either York PA or Northern VA either next year or the year after. If/when I'm finally in a shall-issue state and carry less part-time (I'm a teacher so I'll still not be able to carry to/from work) I may reward myself with a higher end carry gun (like the EMP).

Edit:
Actually, I guess I do have some expensive carry guns, but they don't get carried much. The 625MG was probably around $800 or so when I bought it, and would go around $1K now to sell or replace it. My S&W 65LS (rarely carried, it was my 1st .357mag and one of my 1st guns so I don't want the holster wear) would probably cost $1K or more to replace. So, most of my carry guns are in the $400-500 range, but some very rarely carried guns do go for more. Still, the point remains that a gun designed for carry in the $1K+ range isn't really suited to me while I only carry occasionally when in a state where I can carry (a few times a month).

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
P320 Compact with the voluntary upgrade installed and SIGLite night sights, a Surefire on my left side pocket for target identification, my right side has a knife that changes based on my mood (I do not consider this a weapon, only a cutting tool), and a varying multi tool where I match the size to what I’ll be doing during the day. Lazy days I just carry a Leatherman Squirt in my mini jeans pocket.

I’m considering trading into a Glock Gen 5. The first pistol I ever bought myself was a Glock and I’ve owned 6 of them at this point and don’t currently have one. Due to past experience I always feel extremely comfortable when shooting Glock pistols and hit my targets more easily than with most guns so I’m honestly not sure why I don’t own one right now.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
P320C with voluntary upgrade installed and night sights, Surefire Tactician, Microtech Ultratech, Leatherman Squirt PS4, iPhone, wallet, keys with a backup light by Peak.

Top Bottom