What's new

What is your EDC knife?

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
My recent obsession has been Shirogorov.

I have always wondered - what is so special about Shirogorov folders that warrants prices ranging from 700$ up to 2500$?
Also, I don't understand why people collect them, because Shirogorov folders are all look-a likes.

I have always wondered - what is so special about Shirogorov folders that warrants prices ranging from 700$ up to 2500$?
Also, I don't understand why people collect them, because Shirogorov folders are all look-a likes.
Well, then that question could be asserted to many things. They are essentially mid-tech or custom. They are relatively hard to get. They work amazingly, use the best materials, and the attention to detail is almost unmatched. The collecting part is my choice, others may join. But writing on the internet is worthless, get one to see, if you choose. If you think this is unique, then check out the "hobby". Most people are happy with Gillettes and barbosol, they think it's the best. Like all "hobbies" it only makes sense to the dedicated.

On another note, a custom order just came in from Olamic.
5dSSNnsg.jpeg.jpg
ejVdCvTg.jpeg.jpg

PS I'll get that group shot eventually.

I recently visited Golden, CO and dropped into the Spyderco factory. Picked up an unboxed Delica in orange scales for a nice price. It took the place of a SOG rigging knife that I also like a lot and has served me well.

I have a Delica and Dragonfly with orange scales. Didn't happen to see Sal Glesser, did you?

One of the main reasons I look at Spyderco first is that guy right there. He'll take all the time in the world to address any issue or question personally, if he can. That says a lot of a CEO and President of a very large company. I have no problem paying a premium price tag to support a well run company

I moved last year and never got around to unpacking the other knives I EDC, however this thread inspired me to get around to it, finally. :surrender:

Here’s my Spyderco R. I carry this one least often only because the Nishin scales scratch somewhat easily. Shame though because it’s a great carry knife. I really should have picked up two of these.

C7314C56-2A35-49A2-A087-32F260A46ADB.jpeg

Top Bottom