What's new

What is your EDC knife?

Victorinox cadet. I ground of the key ring as it got in the way in my pocket. Great knife for opening snacks and cleaning fingernails.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 18

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I started carrying a Leatherman Free T4. I find it a bit thick for pocket carry but it works great in a case. Having all of the tools comes in awful handy.

Ontario RAT 1. The steel isn't as good as my spyderco or benchmande knives, but I find the shape and size to be more suited for my hand and uses.

Agree! While Spydercos are my EDC, this Ontario Rat 3 has been with me for many years, ALWAYS in my pack for deep back country trips far away from the crowds. The 1095 Carbon steel can be sharpened anywhere and it takes a very wicked edge as well. A very underrated knife!

20210220_085058.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I do have (many) others, but here's the stuff I keep to hand for daily carry and use.

IMG_20210220_163727_edit.jpg

IMG_20210220_163829_edit.jpg

One-handed non-locking knives
Byrd Wings Slipit
Boker+ XS
Vagnino Zipslip
Byrd Tern
Pliers based multitools
Leatherman Sideclip
Victorinox Spirit X
HEAVILY modified Leatherman Fuse
Gerber Balance
IMG_20210220_163957_edit.jpg
IMG_20210220_164119_edit.jpg

Swiss knives
Victorinox Cybertool 41
Victorinox Deluxe Tinker
Victorinox Voyager Lite
Wenger Evowood 14
Wenger Stainless Pocket Tool Chest
Victorinox Classic
Sheffield-made pocket knives
(unknown little mester) Lambsfoot
Wostenholm buffalo scaled Barlow
Arthur Wright buffalo scaled Senator with fileworked backspring
Joseph Rodgers penknife
IMG_20210220_164243_edit.jpg
IMG_20210220_164509_edit.jpg
The small stuff
Case Scout Jr
Boker Congress Carver
Rough Rider Baby Copperhead
Cheeta Barlow
IDL T7
Swiss+Tech 8in1

The main ones that I gravitate towards, are the Deluxe Tinker, Spirit X, Byrd Tern, and Sheffield made knives.

EDIT: Ooops! I seem to have omitted the herringbone Case Barlow from the smaller pictures and descriptions.

Well, I won't say I carry one anyway and take my chances, but....

When I was an eight year old cub scout I was REQUIRED to carry one, now as an adult I am not allowed. I even sometimes carry a cubscout knife, to make the point. I only need a small slipjoint knife for 90% of my knife chores.
What are the penalties?

Legion

Staff member
What are the penalties?
They change, but at minimum I believe it is a $1000 on the spot fine, and maximum it is a couple of years in the slammer. Obviously, if you are going to be sentenced to prison it would be done in court, so I guess the judge would evaluate the level of the offence.

But a grumpy cop can slap you for $1000, and that is doubled if you are near a pub or school, IIRC.

I’ve had the Swiss Army knife in my pocket since I was about 6 years old. I took it everywhere with me, especially when I played in the woods. The pockmarks along the blade are from my evil genius little brother who took apart an old film camera a few decades back and turned the flash into a homemade taser (my poor knife was the first test subject). These days my EDC is a Spyderco Harpy Hawkbill.
5BF604A5-2F1B-481C-A071-5CC0A07C9F21.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’ve had the Swiss Army knife in my pocket since I was about 6 years old. I took it everywhere with me, especially when I played in the woods. The pockmarks along the blade are from my evil genius little brother who took apart an old film camera a few decades back and turned the flash into a homemade taser (my poor knife was the first test subject). These days my EDC is a Spyderco Harpy Hawkbill.
View attachment 1229246
Gotta love those little evil genius brothers! I am one and have one.

View attachment 1229246
As handy as it is to mount the Spydie clip l/r/u/d it makes them really fugly. I like the old versions incl. chamfered holes better...

That being said the Harpy C06? is still a wicked cool knife.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1229246
I need to post a REALLY cool picture of my OLD Leatherman knife when I get home. Probably 25 years ago I was wiring a small electric fan to blow heat from my woodstove down the hall to our bedroom area.

Only I forgot to unplug it! POOF! The circuit blew and I only felt a tiny tingle, but the cool part was this: it left a perfectly round hole in the cutting part of the needle nose pliers! It PERFECT for stripping wires in a hurry.

While working in a professional office environment for most of my career and clothed in what I would call business casual+, I always carried a Case gentleman's folder-either a RussLock, Texas Toothpick, or Peanut (most frequently). Now that I've been working from home in the midst of Pandemicon and living in jeans, I've just been carrying my old faithful Benchmade Monochrome.

Cheers!
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom