What's new

What is your EDC knife?

Got this one with some Christmas money and does it fit like a glove. The retailer I got it from said Benchmade only sent him one back in December as a new model to be released in 2013. The box is labeled, "310/1000 First Production." It is model 300SN. The handle is very textured and grippy. Open with the finger flip or by holding the lock mechanism in the open position or with the thumb stud. Sits deep in the pocket with the clip designed the way it is and has a stonewashed blade. The blade itself is 3.18" long and is shorter in relation to the handle than it looks like in the picture. Just the one I was after.

Beware ye cardboard boxes in the warehouse - I am on the WAY!

proxy.php

Last edited:
My brand of knives are Benchmade. Collecting for many years I love these things; but like any successful relationship some days are better than others. I seek out the older models and have slowed down some in favor of waiting for new Limited's and ones that really interest me.

Among the mix, this an older shot, I love Strykers and Tanto blades. Here's my offering today:

proxy.php

2Q==

Case Sway Back Jack. When looking for an edc, I specifically wanted the wharncliffe design and carbon blade(s). This thing is truly well built and as close as I will get to a Tony Bose in this lifetime.$Case Knife.jpg

Serious question, do military vets give you a hard time for carrying a Strider due to Mick lying about being a combat vet? I've wanted one for ages, but after he got busted and it came to be known he was a felon no less, I've held back.

I have bought, sold and traded a lot of Striders, including custom Strider and Dwyer pieces to and from active military personnel in the last few years and they don't seem to think anything of it. I even had a custom Mick Strider RC that a Marine took with him to Afghanistan last year - he traded it to me for a watch.

My brand of knives are Benchmade. Collecting for many years I love these things; but like any successful relationship some days are better than others. I seek out the older models and have slowed down some in favor of waiting for new Limited's and ones that really interest me.

Among the mix, this an older shot, I love Strykers and Tanto blades. Here's my offering today:

proxy.php
Beautiful collection of Strykers. I have the mini on the far left as well... nice to see some of the oldies there that still have the Elishewitz logo on them!

I don't use a full-size knife as EDC; it's too limited in function. My EDC is a Leatherman Skeletool CX multitool. I'd like to get a nice fixed-blade (I'm thinking a Benchmade 140 Nimravus) for more heavy-duty cutting tasks though.
proxy.php

I'd like to get a nice fixed-blade (I'm thinking a Benchmade 140 Nimravus) for more heavy-duty cutting tasks though.

I have a Nimravus. I love it. Light weight. Feels great in the hand. Mine is in the M2 high speed tool steel, discontinued but you can find them out there. Worth finding IMO.

You might also look at Bark River. They are doing a second run of their Essential EDC. It's CPM-M4. Far and away my favorite steel these days.

Ken

I have a Nimravus. I love it. Light weight. Feels great in the hand. Mine is in the M2 high speed tool steel, discontinued but you can find them out there. Worth finding IMO.

You might also look at Bark River. They are doing a second run of their Essential EDC. It's CPM-M4. Far and away my favorite steel these days.

Ken

Thanks for the advice. Does your knife require a lot of extra care compared to a stainless blade?

Thanks for the advice. Does your knife require a lot of extra care compared to a stainless blade?

None. I just wipe it off after use. I'll wipe it down with a Tuff cloth every 6mo or so, but I do that to pretty much all my non kitchen knives anyway, so really no difference at all.

Ken

My EDC is a Kershaw Leek but I recently added this Great Eastern Cutlery knife. It is smaller 3.5" closed 6" open and will fit better in dress pants / kahkis etc for at work.

proxy.php

$01bo586.jpg this i my EDC Boker Plus Subcom F with all its 4 1/2" of glory :D
$2013-02-02 15.24.18.jpg this is my erm fake Boker :D for car/outdoors carry .. fake but still pretty solid and really love the smooth action and last
$sh6007ige.jpg and my special Sunday carry :D ( Iaido practice).

I'm still carrying this old thing. Bought it at the Navy Exchange, Subic Bay, P.I. in 1972. to replace one that had been stolen.
Had my name engraved on it when I bought it.
Carried it in Nam and pretty much every place I've been since. Worn out three belt sheaths so far.

"Decorated" it on quiet nights when I was bored and had nothing else to do.
proxy.php

"upside down" tang stamp.
proxy.php

Carry this mess every now and then, depending on what's happening at work.
proxy.php

I'm still carrying this old thing. Bought it at the Navy Exchange, Subic Bay, P.I. in 1972. to replace one that had been stolen.
Had my name engraved on it when I bought it.
Carried it in Nam and pretty much every place I've been since. Worn out three belt sheaths so far.

"Decorated" it on quiet nights when I was bored and had nothing else to do.
proxy.php
This is awesome.

Top Bottom