What's new

What is your EDC knife?

NKD. New Knife Day. I just received this in the mail. How did I do? Orange is my favorite color. So when i saw this one, it was a no brainer. So far I am impressed with the quality, the ease of opening and closing, as well as the feel of the knife in my hand. I will contemplate taking it camping this weekend for a break in. Not sure if I want to get that sexy orange blade all dinged up yet. :)

View attachment 1325501

That’s really cool with the orange blade. But you should absolutely take it camping. Gotta rip that band-aid off. Also, while I love Benchmade, they can be made so much sharper than the factory edge, so go cut a bunch a stuff in the woods and give yourself a reason to make it real sharp.

3BE30D92-D345-4B1A-8A93-B15600F8ECEF.jpeg

My work day bugout / black pants bugout. My hands are greasy all day at work and I didn’t want to get the blue handle of my other one all gross.

33B77CBD-6143-4DE1-A58E-30A849D41F9D.jpeg

New knife day. Well, yesterday. The full sized Griptilian is a bit more substantial than I was expecting. On the one hand, I really like the hand-filling nature of the handle, but it is a little less pocket friendly than I’d prefer. I also noticed that the edges of the handle and the seam along the back were very sharp, though a couple seconds with some sandpaper fixed that. I don’t expect it to be the knife I want to carry everyday, but it seems much tougher than other knives I have, and would likely be my choice for outdoor adventures. I do really like the blade shape and the grippiness of the handle. All in all it seems to be a very nice knife, and will certainly get some use in the rotation, just maybe not as much as others.

Top Bottom