What is your EDC knife?

THE FIRST STRING

Attachments

• 4C8F2A1B-07B8-4B87-96A1-AA6560C18897.jpeg
    4C8F2A1B-07B8-4B87-96A1-AA6560C18897.jpeg
    781.2 KB · Views: 18

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm staying with the traditionals at the moment. I've decided to do an extended run (until I get sick of it, or it fails me), with an oak scaled Boker Congress Carver.

IMG_20200326_161329_edit_1200_900.jpg

If I have trousers with a belt, or at least belt loops, I'll hitch the lanyard around them, and carry these three in the pocket too. Fenix E11, Gerber Splice, and Inka pen.

IMG_20200328_230231_edit_1200_900.jpg

If not, and I'm just wearing shorts, I'll wear this little cluster around the neck. Victorinox Alox Rambler, Ti whistle, Uncle Bill's Silver Grippers, True Utility Telepen, and Klarus MiX6Ti.

IMG_20200328_230553_edit_1200_900.jpg

Being on "stay at home" duty, this should handle all I'll need, and I'm never far from something bigger should I need it.

Been carrying either a Spyderco Manix 2 CF S90V, Spyderco PM2 S30V or a Spyderco Sage 2 Ti S30V for quite a few years, depending on pants or shorts worn.

The PM2 has been the one most carried this past winter. All three are absolutely great knives.

Even with a CCW, Colorado legally won't allow me to carry my safe queen... a Benchmade 710 M2. The M2 tool steel I like better than the M4 steel as the M2 is fairly easy to sharpen and keep wicked sharp.

For the back country. I always take my Ontario Rat 3.5 inch coated 1095 Carbon Steel fixed knife. Can sharpen anywhere and it's a great knife for the woods.

Finally, either a Leatherman Ti or Wave. Classic multi blade designs.

Sold all my other knives the last few years. The above knives are all classic knives, combo of form and function.

A Spyderco Delica 4 is always clipped to my jean pocket. If my wife goes for a walk without me, she prefers one of our 3-edge plastic spikes that we've had for years and/or a Morakniv neck knife. If we go for a walk together, she carries the plastic shiv and wears the neck knife, while I carry my Delica 4 and a Morakniv companion. All bases covered.

neck knife

The only knife that sees my pocket every day (except court appearances and flying) is my Buck 55. All the benefits of the big Buck in a much smaller package. I'll carry a Gerber for work, Case Stockman for whittling duties, small antiques for dress up, Opinel for if I think I'll be slicing, etc. But the 55 sees my pocket every time I wear pants.

It was a Valentine's present from Mrs. Rookie about 10 years ago. I love what it allows me to do. Namely use it. I have little kids at home. Sometimes we're out at playgrounds or neighborhood events or whatever and someone will need a pocket knife. My Gerber is black and scary to the moms around. The Buck 110 is huge. The Stockman is slow. But that little Buck is perfect! Strong enough to punch above its weight as a small knife, easy to put and edge on, Buck's forever guarantee. And since it's got the classic wood and brass, it doesn't scare the moms around me. It's a tool like Grandfather carried. It's not a weapon, it's for opening Amazon boxes and cutting strings.

Cold Steel Boar Hunter on the left hip. Leatherman Wave in black in the right hip pocket (pocket clip added).
Gerber EAB clipped to the right butt pocket.

Top Bottom