What's new

what is your dream carry?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The Elric Saga...fantasy series by a British author, Michael Moorcock. Anyway...I was just being silly.
With people walking around with an AR slung on their shoulder, I’ve been tempted to do it with my bow to see if it even raises eyebrows. :)

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
@Mhinagoya … first & foremost, your Eclipse & that ISP-4 make for a handsome, excellent combo!

Your description of those original Eclipse pistols 😆. Back in the early-2000s I walked into a friend’s gunshop & was immediately drawn to this, yes, fetching 1911. Asked Tom, “What is that”?! He hands it over the counter, saying, “It’s a Kimber Eclipse Custom 2”. I was also struck by the pistol’s quality - fit; finish; tolerances, etc… - and after seeing the 45 ACP stamped atop the barrel, I quipped, “If only they they offered this in a 10”! Laughing & reaching for his receipt book, he says, “They do, want one”? Ordered one on the spot & three weeks later, took it home. Moron that I was, I field stripped it & not bothering with the operator’s manual and also, not knowing the first thing about the Schwartz FP safety, I sheared the doggone pin off the receiver! Then I opened the manual & a few pages in was an admonishion regarding field stripping the EC2 with a depressed grip safety.

Called Kimber & was immediately chided for not (first) reading the Op’s manual! I replied with, “Well, instead a burying the Schwartz/grip safety warning a few pages into the manual, perhaps y’all should slap a red inked, ALL CAPs warning on the cover. As it turned out, I was told my faux pas was NOT a warranty repair & that secondly, I would be responsible for shipping - both ways … UGhh!

Sent it to Yonkers & three weeks later, UPS hands me the repaired EC2 … not only did Kimber end up paying return shipping, they also warrantied the repairs & gave me three additional (new) factory magazines.

Fast forward & aside for a couple early (sub-100 rd.) FTFs, that EC2 has & continues to run like a scalded dog … and quite accurately, too.

A few years ago I learned that those early EC2s did not have stainless barrels as purported, but rather, polished carbon steel barrels, which explained the frequent, My Kimber barrel is starting to rust posts on forums far & wide. :) Because of my experience with Kimber (the Schwartz safety debacle), I turned my head the other way regarding the steel barrel (and I might add, the plastic MSH) & as with every other firearm, I continue to store & run the EC2 wet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom