What's new

What is your dream car?

Wave a magic wand and it is yours, what would it be?

This would be mine, love the vintage sports cars. The late fifties, early sixties Corvettes are tops in my book. Gotta be a convertible! This one is a '58.

View attachment 961637
I just remembered I'd take a Dino without even a second thought. /sigh...
[edit]
I'd thought I'd posted to this before. My current car, the Cadi 2005 CTS-V, not the 2002 Buick Park Avenue, comes pretty close. At this point, I'd hope someone would pair up a synchromesh to add paddle shifting and save my sorry knees.

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Well, this is a great thread, when someone posts I always look again .. but for all time, best looking rides it has to be the EKE .. hand down sexiest design ever .. even if I saved my money for a GTO

proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, this is a great thread, when someone posts I always look again .. but for all time, best looking rides it has to be the EKE .. hand down sexiest design ever .. even if I saved my money for a GTO

proxy.php
It’s out of oil. :)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Eve

proxy.php
Even Enzo agreed.

I remember the Service Manager at the FIAT dealer pointing to one of those *used* and offering it to me in 1978 as a recommendation against the x1/9 I was buying new. /sigh I was 18 and clueless...
I hear Jag is going to bring the body style back with an electric system vice internal combustion. Of course, very pricey.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Growing up our neighbour had an XKE, I think, but hardtop. Lima bean green. To this day the colour seems just wrong.

Not being a driver... i'm waiting for one of them there newfangled self driving models then i can continue to sit back and view the sights.
dave

Not being a driver... i'm waiting for one of them there newfangled self driving models then i can continue to sit back and view the sights.
dave
I'm all about this because my body is starting to balk with the clutch and lower leg motions, my back is having difficulty anchoring the positions it's easy to be in when you drive every day for 2 to 3 hours commuting, but loose conditioning for when you drive 3 to 4 times a month. And those trips, mostly 4 mile round trips to the local grocery
don't help to condition for a 95-mile drive once a month. I'm all for getting a self driver now... But, the investment for the new deal is still 45k or more to have all the self driving options active. When that's 1/5th of the reserve (before capitalization of the residence) to see myself into the future... it 's a very very difficult reach. I hope for the days of tomorrow and imagine one of my neighbors will do what I intended: buy the tesla home solar system and storage batteries along with the car. Then, when people can book transport orders by the internet, the car could deploy, accommodate the work order and return home park, and charge, all by itself while the owner sleeps or does the dishes. It's coming, sooner than I'd have imagined since I lost sync with the working/commuting world. But maybe not soon enough for me and my little rides to the grocer and doctors' offices.

We'll see. (and that's an amazing ponderable all in-itself!)

Top Bottom