What's new

What is your dream car?

Legion

Staff member
Before I was born my father had a Toyota 2000gt. He had to sell it when I came along, and never let me forget it.

If I had proper money I would try to track one down and let him caretake it until he passed.

I’m completely schizophrenic on this. I want a Tesla Model X . . . except on the days I want a black Camaro SS convertible . . .

Not quite the same, but how about an '80s Excalibur Phaeton?
proxy.php

I saw one of these (but more of an ivory colour) parked in front of a Seven-Eleven, and thought I was hallucinating it.

Not even close. $10 million for Coop's Duesy versus $35K (high price) for one of those monstrosities.

I have posted similar comments before here - in Singapore, cars are stupidly expensive so a basic Toyota Corolla is about $100k. My dream car is a Jag of course (I quite like the F Pace) but unless I win the lottery or move back to UK I will stick to the MRT!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Before I was born my father had a Toyota 2000gt. He had to sell it when I came along, and never let me forget it.

If I had proper money I would try to track one down and let him caretake it until he passed.
:ouch1:

Legion

Staff member
If you want to buy that today, you're going to need an awful lot of money.
Yes, don't I know it. I've never even seen one in the wild. They only made a very small number, and just to show they could. It was almost like the Bugatti Veyron of its day, in that sense. No expense spared, just to prove a point about Japanese engineering.

My father bought it in the late 60's after a motor show where Toyota brought it here to show it off. As it was right hand drive, the same as Australian cars, they agreed to sell it to him rather than ship it all the way back to Japan.

I have my dream car. A 1981 Z28 I bought in high school in 1982. I spent every dime I had to get that car and have kept it ever since. I just turned 100,000 last summer. Still looks and runs like new, everything works, bone stock, and I still go to the drive in movie with the T-Tops removed on classic car nights.

Top Bottom