What's new

What is your dream car?

Wave a magic wand and it is yours, what would it be?

This would be mine, love the vintage sports cars. The late fifties, early sixties Corvettes are tops in my book. Gotta be a convertible! This one is a '58.

chevrolet-00105-1.jpg

1969 Javelin AMX (390 cu in. V8). Bronze paint with black accent striping.

My kindergarten teacher drove this car, and it cemented my crush, not only on my teacher, but on that vehicle.

Any 60's Mustang or a black 1987 Mustang LX 5.0 notchback (my Dad had one) and the 10 hole turbine rims.

Like this but with red interior and red stripe on moulding
1993_Ford_Mustang_LX_50_Notchback_SSP_For_Sale_resize.jpg

the roomiest, most comfortable car I've ever been in, and unfortunately no longer in production, the Lincoln Town Car
0135_lin_towncarxx_31.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Aston Martin One-77.

2880-1800-crop-aston-martin-one-77-c317507012018174318_1.jpg

For a vintage car, I'd buy my 1967 Chevelle SS back from the friend I sold it too lol.

IMG_0860.JPG

Without thinking twice a red Mustang 65 ...
mp,550x550,gloss,ffffff,t.3.jpg

But it would be my wish come true twice since I already had it .... had to sell it
Mustang (2).jpg

Cheers

Are we talking pure fantasy land, where money is no object, the car is absolutely mint, I personally do not have to take any responsibility for getting the car to and from a mechanic, and all needed repairs are perfectly accomplished with readily available parts and only take a day? I don't know, really. Maybe a '61 Jag XKE. Maybe a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. Maybe a '65 Shelby GT350 (the GT500 seems excessive). Maybe a first generation Pontiac GTO (I cannot make up my mind which year, but maybe '65 or '66). Or maybe more like it, a cherry 1955 or '57 Chevy Bel Air, refitted with a modern engine, suspension, a/c, brakes, tires, etc.

Colors? The Jag, BRG; the Ferrari, red; the Shelby, white; the GTO, red or green, maybe even black; the '55 Chevy, I am thinking candy apple green.

Otherwise, if I have to take the darn thing to the shop, a 2019 Lexus SUV, in silver or gray. Reliability equals luxury for me these days!

Last edited:
1996 Ford F-150 4x4. 6’ bed, 5.0 V8, 4 speed, Hurst shifter. Very dark green exterior. Desert tan interior. 2”-3” lift kit, old school Cragar 409 Series wheels, tuned Flowmaster exhaust, state of the art SiriusXM radio w/CD.
Yep....that’ll do it.

Was Jonsing for this one for a while. Went to a car show Saturday and saw some sweet rides.

proxy.php

Are we talking pure fantasy land, where money is no object, the car is absolutely mint, I personally do not have to take any responsibility for getting the car to and from a mechanic, and all needed repairs are perfectly accomplished with readily available parts and only take a day? I don't know, really. Maybe a '61 Jag XKE. Maybe a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. Maybe a '65 Shelby GT350 (the GT500 seems excessive). Maybe a first generation Pontiac GTO (I cannot make up my mind which year, but maybe '65 or '66). Or maybe more like it, a cherry 1955 or '57 Chevy Bel Air, refitted with a modern engine, suspension, a/c, brakes, tires, etc.

Otherwise, if I have to take the darn thing to the shop, a 2019 Lexus SUV. Reliability equals luxury for me these days!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
One of my greatest regrets happened about seven years ago, when I did not buy the Series 1 E-type Jaguar that actually was even in my area. It was beautiful. Very well kept, but not a show car. White, with red interior. Convertible. Gorgeous. A jealous girlfriend, but a gorgeous one.

That's my dream car, if I could get it back.

I can't, so I'm driving my other dream car. A beautiful Tesla Model S. White on white with carbon fibre accents. The thing accelerates at my will and drives like a spaceship, but it also holds all four of us and our luggage for a week plus our dog and his kennel with more than twice the mileage of a Toyota Corolla.

1976 Porsche 911 Turbo. I'll never forget when my dad took me to the local Porsche dealer, spring of '76. I was in first grade, and had drooled over 911's for a few years. We were both shocked at the price. $30,000! I think a 76 Corvette was about $9,000.
911.jpg

I remember reading an article about Jaguars in general probably more than two decades ago in the WSJ that quoted a satisfied serial Jag owner as saying she thought reliability was getting better as she had recently driven from LA to Las Vegas and it had only caught fire once!

I had a colleague who spent years, if not decades restoring an early 1960s XKE. It was a long journey for him! Actually I do not know if he completed it. I understood his passion, but I was warned away by his experience.

There is a lot to like about the Tesla S series. Reliability issues would scare me away from that car, too. But it is a stone beauty and does drive like a spaceship. And the cool factor is way up there.

Top Bottom