What's new

What is your Current Brush Rotation? How many Brushes?

Curious to see how many brushes you regularly use and what they are.

I have just over a dozen or so brushes and my recent rotation looks like this...

1. Spiffo Barel Super Badger
2. Simpsons Special in Best Badger
3. Semogue 1800 Boar
4. Simpsons T2 Synthetic
5. Semogue Pharos Synthetic
6. Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synthetic

What does your rotation look like?

Last edited:
My current ‘rotation’ (basically what ever strikes my fancy on a given AM):
1. Rudy Vey B&B 2-band fan (26 mm Shavemac)
2. Rudy Vey reknot of EverReady 200 (24 mm Shavemac 2-band fan)
3. Graydoy palm wood 2-band (26 mm)
4. Simpsons tulip 2 super
5. Simpsons duke 2 best
6. Simpsons chubby 1 best
7. Simpsons 57 best
8. Simpsons classic 2 best
9. Simpsons Wee Scot
Plus assorted brushes (Muhle black badger, an old blond boar, and I forget) that don‘t get used much.

I rotate all my brushes...not that many after all...just varieties to match the soap...either badger or synthetic
Mostly Yaqi (13) with 1 from DS Cosmetic, 1 from BOTI and 1 from Omega (my 1st ever brush)
20201006_183116.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
This isn't a rotation; it's a herd, and one that's about to be thinned. Watch the BST:

SIMPSONS:
Astor best
Classic 1 best
Chubby 1 best
Chubby 1 Manch
Chubby 2 best
Chubby 2 Super
Duke 3 best
Duke 3 best (bscotch)
Duke 3 SilverTip (ruby)
Duke 3 SilverTip (ivory)
Duke 3 Manchurian
Eagle 3 pure (x2)
Eagle 3 Super
Eagle 3 Super (jade)
Emperor 3 Super
M6 Manchurian
M7 best
M7 Super
M7 Manchurian
M7 synthetic x2
Classic 1 synthetic
Duke 3 synthetic
Chubby 2 synthetic x2
PALADIN
Paladin Chief (Lapis)
Paladin Chief (ivory)
Paladin El Dorado
Paladin Mandarin
ZENITH
Manchurian (x2)
There are a few other badgers, and a good number of boars and other synthetics as well.

Too lazy to arrange them for a photo ..... but my current rotation (in no particular order) .....

Simpson Special Best
Simpson Colonel X2L
Simpson Trafalgar 2
Yaqi Chianti
Yaqi Red Tuxedo
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
RazoRock Plissoft
RazoRock Plissoft Silvertip
Semogue 610
Elite Razors Manchurian
Vie-Long Horse Hair

Ahhhhh .... Life is good !

Last edited:
PAA The Atomic Rocket
PAA The Green Ray
PAA The Starcraft
PAA The Solar Flare
PAA The Peregrino

I too am a big Rush fan. Incredible synergy, terrific brotherhood, and great music !
Geddy Lee .... one of the world's smartest, most accomplished, and competent bass players.
Alex Lifeson ..... with all the talk about Page, Clapton, Hendrix, etc..... he's one of the best ever !
Neil Peart ..... Right up there with John Bonham, Mickey Hart, and Ringo Starr ! Truly amazing. RIP Mr. Peart.

Rush.jpg

Last edited:
This isn't a rotation; it's a herd, and one that's about to be thinned. Watch the BST:

SIMPSONS:
Astor best
Classic 1 best
Chubby 1 best
Chubby 1 Manch
Chubby 2 best
Chubby 2 Super
Duke 3 best
Duke 3 best (bscotch)
Duke 3 SilverTip (ruby)
Duke 3 SilverTip (ivory)
Duke 3 Manchurian
Eagle 3 pure (x2)
Eagle 3 Super
Eagle 3 Super (jade)
Emperor 3 Super
M6 Manchurian
M7 best
M7 Super
M7 Manchurian
M7 synthetic x2
Classic 1 synthetic
Duke 3 synthetic
Chubby 2 synthetic x2
PALADIN
Paladin Chief (Lapis)
Paladin Chief (ivory)
Paladin El Dorado
Paladin Mandarin
ZENITH
Manchurian (x2)
There are a few other badgers, and a good number of boars and other synthetics as well.
Interesting how you have the same brush in different colors and I bet they still are different. I did that too with a brush I like, picked 2 different colors and they are different even if same model. One also bloomed bigger. It's what I like with badger, each brush is unique.

I too am a big Rush fan. Incredible synergy, terrific brotherhood, and great music !
Geddy Lee .... one of the world's smartest, most accomplished, and competent bass players.
Alex Lifeson ..... with all the talk about Page, Clapton, Hendrix, etc..... he's one of the best ever !
Neil Peart ..... Right up there with John Bonham, Mickey Hart, and Ringo Starr ! Truly amazing. RIP Mr. Peart.

.View attachment 1176782
I grew up listening to Rush since I was 9 or 10.

I saw them almost every time they played in Toronto since Moving Pictures in 1981. I missed the last show as I was on vacation unfortunately. ☹️

After a bit of selling, I’m down to a Shavemac silvertip and a VIG two-band. I will likely add one more as I prefer a three brush rotation trading off between two per week. I also have a Simpson Special Best that is usually for travel only as it sheds like crazy which I find super annoying on a regular basis.

Curious to see how many brushes you regularly use and what they are.

I have just over a dozen or so brushes and my recent rotation looks like this...

1. Spiffo Barel Super Badger
2. Simpsons Special in Best Badger
3. Semogue 1800 Boar
4. Simpsons T2 Synthetic
5. Semogue Pharos Synthetic
6. Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synthetic

What does your rotation look like?
I use a brush for two shaves and rotate through one horse, three boar, and three badgers. The horse and the chubby scrubby are Zenith brushes. The other knots I purchased and set in the handles. Four 26mm knots and three 28mm knots.

B52F8983-A1A9-452B-848D-A1470305B958.jpeg

Current brush collection is around 40... Definitely too many but I find it hard to get rid of them, especially when I enjoy revisiting them.

My rotation goes in between each type of hair: Boar, Badger, Synthetic, and repeat. I'll add my vie long horse brush sometimes but it's a bit too scratchy at times.

Current brushes in rotation with no particular order:
Simpson's Trafalgar T3
Stirling Dual Band Synthetic
WCS Beacon Silvertip
Zenith Kotibe Silvertip
Zenith Manchurian 506A
With several other synthetics rarely used

.View attachment 1176782

Rush is my favorite band of all time, and I agree with everything you said. They've been an inspiration as musicians and people since I first discovered them back in 1986.

I grew up listening to Rush since I was 9 or 10.

I saw them almost every time they played in Toronto since Moving Pictures in 1981. I missed the last show as I was on vacation unfortunately. ☹

I saw them in 92 in Birmingham (UK), 04 in London (2), Birmingham and Manchester, 07 in Oslo, Stockholm and Helsinki, and 13 in Manchester (UK)

Top Bottom