What's new

What is your acquisition disorder of choice?

What is your addiction of choice?

• Aftershave

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • Blades

Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Brushes

Votes: 44 29.9%
  • Razors

Votes: 60 40.8%
  • Soaps/Creams

Votes: 68 46.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • None

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters
Maybe it's time for me to set back my stash of double edge blades in a sealed, moisture-free environment and start a subscription to One Blade. That way, I'd be confident the blades and razor handles I have now would be there in case the world has, oh, I don't know, a hurricane, or maybe a pandemic? In the meantime I should take some of my razors and blades, soaps, and aftershave and put them in my safe-deposit box at the bank, maybe both banks...never know, a tornado comes up some night, and the whole house might be gone - go bag may not have enough.

(terribly tongue-in-cheek; I'm sorry, please forgive me.)

Everything BUT blades. I just simply have thousands of those ... No addiction.

You forgot the most expensive one: cologne.

I swear I never used the stuff, until aftershaves became the gateway drug ... If the AS is good, the cologne is even better!

And that business gets spendy, fast.

AA

Actually yes, you’re right. I voted for creams/soaps but in actual fact colognes are definitely something I’ve got more of an acquisition addiction to. It’s not been helped by the fact twice a year I’ll house and cat sit for my mother when she goes on holiday and she’ll pick me up a cologne in duty free as a thank you gift. I try to wear a different one each day so they’re getting some use but I have ones I haven’t worn more than a handful of times: fortunately those were the cheaper ones, but they still weren’t as cheap as say a six pack of beers!

I had a look through my not used as often box of shaving paraphernalia yesterday and as suspected found more tubes of Palmolive Classic - :blushing: it was £1.80 something in the supermarkets for ages so I used to pick up a tube quite regularly. I also discovered a three quarter full bottle of Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood aftershave balm a tube of Dove Men+ Care shave cream in a tube, which I completely forgot I owned.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
One blade (a healthy quantity), one razor, two soaps, mostly 2 brushes, one WH, one balm.

I don't promise to never try something else, but I have no plans to do so in the immediate future.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Actually yes, you’re right. I voted for creams/soaps but in actual fact colognes are definitely something I’ve got more of an acquisition addiction to. It’s not been helped by the fact twice a year I’ll house and cat sit for my mother when she goes on holiday and she’ll pick me up a cologne in duty free as a thank you gift. I try to wear a different one each day so they’re getting some use but I have ones I haven’t worn more than a handful of times: fortunately those were the cheaper ones, but they still weren’t as cheap as say a six pack of beers!

I had a look through my not used as often box of shaving paraphernalia yesterday and as suspected found more tubes of Palmolive Classic - :blushing: it was £1.80 something in the supermarkets for ages so I used to pick up a tube quite regularly. I also discovered a three quarter full bottle of Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood aftershave balm a tube of Dove Men+ Care shave cream in a tube, which I completely forgot I owned.

My notes in the "notes" forum indicates 98 colognes in my collection - that's a definite problem/way too many/need an intervention - territory.

AA

My notes in the "notes" forum indicates 98 colognes in my collection - that's a definite problem/way too many/need an intervention - territory.

AA
Whoa! I‘m getting close to the ‘need an intervention’ territory too. I added the colognes in my collection to my ‘wardrobe’ over on Basenotes and that brings a total of 46, but it doesn’t count multiple bottles of the same one so from memory if I add the multiples it comes to about 60.

Razor Acquisition Disorder for sure. I'm obsessed with trying out premium razors! Most recently the Tatara Masamune and Colonial Silversmith which luckily are my two favorite so far! Looking to try out the ATT S1 next.

I believe its more along the lines of a well-heeled traveler, One doesn't know the world by only going to three or four towns near your parents' home. You really haven't a clue until you've been, at least, on every continent. But, really, that's only a beginning.

oh dear, it seems I've given myself away... again!

It's threads such as this which soothe my soul and make me feel much better about my apparently meager soap stock. Therein lies my Achilles heel . . . soaps/creams. I have 21 as of this writing, and keep eyeballing Southern Witchcraft's Pomona--apple, honey, red wine, spice, honeysuckle . . . you're killin' me!

I don't need more soap. I've been here long enough to know the Enabler's Mantra by heart: "It's not what you need, it's what you want that matters."

I have a shameful number of blades, but I am fully self-convinced my blade AD is satisfied.

It's threads such as this which soothe my soul and make me feel much better about my apparently meager soap stock. Therein lies my Achilles heel . . . soaps/creams. I have 21 as of this writing, and keep eyeballing Southern Witchcraft's Pomona--apple, honey, red wine, spice, honeysuckle . . . you're killin' me!

I don't need more soap. I've been here long enough to know the Enabler's Mantra by heart: "It's not what you need, it's what you want that matters."

I have a shameful number of blades, but I am fully self-convinced my blade AD is satisfied.

Being home more often certainly doesn't help with the various ADs. We're on staggered schedules at work and not in the office as much as before so there is more time to browse B&B and all the online websites that sell shave gear.

When the poll started all I had was a soap addiction but that has settled down and now it seems razors are starting to call my name. Where is the May GRUME when I need it lol.

Top Bottom