What's new

What is your acquisition disorder of choice?

What is your addiction of choice?

• Aftershave

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • Blades

Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Brushes

Votes: 44 29.9%
  • Razors

Votes: 60 40.8%
  • Soaps/Creams

Votes: 68 46.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • None

Votes: 9 6.1%

• Total voters
The software. Soaps and creams. I have a pretty big stockpile. Haven't bought anything since a trip to Dusseldorf last March, though.

EDIT: Make that since a trip to Madrid last October :-S And that's how the addiction works...

Last edited:
So, what's your acquisition disorder? More than 1 choice can be selected in the poll.

I've found it's any interest in purchasing any item I don't NEED but simply WANT. So many things I don't need but find with just a little application of interest - want. There's a saying us older folk can be manipulated into buying things just on exposure. What they don't say is the manipulator can often be ourselves.
You've been warned by someone who should find a twelve-step for such things, don't do as I have done.

Definitely soaps. I have too many and am looking for a couple more. I guess I should say aftershaves as well, as I tend to buy a matching aftershave with each soap. But the soap is more interesting to me than the aftershave.

Definitely soaps. I have too many and am looking for a couple more. I guess I should say aftershaves as well, as I tend to buy a matching aftershave with each soap. But the soap is more interesting to me than the aftershave.
I'm of the mind: If there isn't an aftershave made to go with the shaving soap, someone missed the boat! How can you be assured of enjoying the day's shave hours later? It's not only the faceturbation, it's the fleeting whiff of fragrance too that makes the day!

Soaps are my weakness. I only use Personna blades after a couple years of experimenting when I started wet shaving. I also tend to buy razors sparingly, usually when something rare comes up as I have what I like. There are so many new bases and scents constantly that I can't keep myself from ordering new soaps, always trying to find better performance.

I'm of the mind: If there isn't an aftershave made to go with the shaving soap, someone missed the boat! How can you be assured of enjoying the day's shave hours later? It's not only the faceturbation, it's the fleeting whiff of fragrance too that makes the day!

I'm trying real hard to stay away from the aftershaves. I just got my SAD under control lol.

I've still got AD for brushes & razors.
When I realized that I had more brushes than days in two weeks; and at least seven of those were really high quality, satisfied my every wish, then I stopped needing brushes.

Razors, oh dear, now that's possibly a boat anchor chained to my legs and ready to sink the effort!

When I realized that I had more brushes than days in two weeks; and at least seven of those were really high quality, satisfied my every wish, then I stopped needing brushes.

Razors, oh dear, now that's possibly a boat anchor chained to my legs and ready to sink the effort!
Haha! So true. That's why it is a disorder. I don't need any more brushes, & certainly not any more razors. But that doesn't stop me.

I suppose the question is, do I want to be stopped?
:a29:

Lately..vintage Avon full in decanter. A fair bit harder here in Australia as we don't do estate sales etc and most second hand shops charge a bomb for ' rare' bottles. Still there is always overpaying on the bay lol

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For me it is, and always will be scents.

The first place I go to in any Goodwill store is to look for vintage Avon aftershave.

I'm not as bad as @TheVez2 , but I ain't far behind....

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
No disorders here. I have stocked up well on blades, as I never ever want to go back through the kind of blade drought that I faced several times in the past. I don't own more than I could realistically expect to use though. I'm in my mid 40s and have around 500 blades, which is enough for maybe 20 years.

Top Bottom