What's new

What is / was your "Sunday best" shaving setup?

Since It's Sunday I decided to ask what is / was your "Sunday best" shaving setup?

Mine is all Proraso shave:

Pre shave: Proraso blue
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .84P
Blade: Bolzano Superinox
Brush: Omega Boar brush
Soap: Proraso Red (Lather made in good old ceramic cereal bowl)
Aftershave: Alum block and Proraso Red splash

My wet shaving journey started with proraso red. That sandalwood scent gives me some great nostalgic feelings. That's why it has become my go to "Sunday Best" shaving setup. I use this setup nearly every Sunday.

So the question is. What is or was your favourite Sunday setup?

Prep: Hot water on face// Bloom Williams soap
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Razor: Gillette Gold Pre-war Fat handle Tech
Soap:Williams soap (you will be missed)
Brush: Omega Professional Red
Bowls: Vintage old spice shave soap mug
A/S: N/A cold water

My shave yesterday (Sunday) was quite nice!
PreWar Tech
Treet Platinum
Rudy Vey 26mm Manchurian
MdC Fougere
Hyaluronic Acid
Vanilla Highball

I try to enjoy each shave & make it the finest it can be. So my Sunday best is what I used this most recent Sunday!
IMG_5401.jpg

30mm X 69mm Silvertip brush, homemade bay rum soap in an oversized mug (very large soup mug), Dorco 7 razor for WTG, Dorco 3 razor for ATG, and a Dorco 7 Power razor for the final WTG pass.

The big brush is really sweet with all that wonderful lather to spread around.

Most Sundays I have what our friend @Marco calls the "evergreen" shave. Green Proraso soap or cream, green Proraso splash. Sometimes a discreet spray of Acqua di Parma to finish. I attend a fairly crowded church most Sundays so I want my fragrance to stay close.
Simple but truly great setup.

SOTD APRIL 27
April 2023 GRUME

Hello friends

It is cloudy today. Great for an introspective shave. After a little cheating with Piccolo (pun intended), I went back to my best friend, Green Cult 2.0 II. I put a Perma-Sharp (3) in it and after a long time I turned to the excellent TOBS Tobacco Leaf and the classic Semogue SOC Blend. To finish with extreme happiness, Clubman Pinaud Reserve Whiskey Woods. I ended up laughing for nothing, my friends…

Accompanying me was the great Horace Silver.

Rating: 9

Have a nice day and great shaves.
❤️🪒

2AE9CBD7-EAAE-4037-AC3B-8F40A9BD81B3.jpeg
IMG_8089.jpeg

Top Bottom