What's new

What is this?

I'm posting here because it appears to be a single-edged razor, but I could be wrong ( you can't see very well ). Does anyone know what this is and roughly what it could be worth? I'm looking to get a collection of a few razors & if I can get this at a decent price, I'll jump on it. They're selling everything including the brush ( looks all sorts of worn out ) the mug, whatever is in the package you can barely see & a small box of blades.

Any ideas?

$5L85G65F33M63N33Hcc5v385bd00ea0e11418.jpg

After doing some research on the forum here, it looks like it could be an SE razor with a lather-catcher, but I'm still really unsure of the brand. I've asked for additional photos... I'm loving learning, but it looks like there are tons of designs out there...

Its a lather catcher, possibly a Kampfe branded one. Mine has no ornate cut-outs, just like yours, tho' mine is a wedge-blade only (no blade stops). As long as the brass clip spring is intact (the bare brass thing to the rear) and if the handle isn't bent/mashed, starting average would be $50-60.

I'd be interested to see some other angles of this one, too. It's got a Star-style spring clip, but I don't know of any Star model that doesn't have some form of blade bed or one where the guard comb extends up from the front of the razor like that.

Top Bottom