What's new

What is the worst handgun you ever owned?

Which handgun did you hate owning? Mine was a Colt Model 2000. To me it felt like they put the trigger from a chicom SKS in it and it never felt comfortable to hold or shoot. Let me see what you've despised.
proxy.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Never had a "worst" one

I did have a few fits with a Radon. Seems if you don't put it back together properly after a field strip it runs full auto until the mag empties

Easily, mine would be a Bryco .380. The company is now called Jimenez Arms, but that paperweight would fail to fire more often than not, and felt like it would fall apart at any moment. It had the feeling of someone making a gun in their garage would have been a safer option.

I had a Jimenez Arms 9mm. It had two problems:
1) The loaded chamber indicator was indistinguishable from the front sight, but was offset to the side. I couldn't hit a thing with it.
2) It ejected the spent cases forward, into no man's land, thus preventing recovery and reloading.

Jimenez was one of the "Ring of Fire" manufacturers, so it basically was someone making a gun in their garage.

Easily, mine would be a Bryco .380. The company is now called Jimenez Arms, but that paperweight would fail to fire more often than not, and felt like it would fall apart at any moment. It had the feeling of someone making a gun in their garage would have been a safer option.

Whew! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one to give one of these jam-o-matics a try. Mine was a .25 that could not get through an entire magazine.

Dan Wesson stainless notchback .45.
On again off again Jam O Matic.
Went back to the factory twice, and another custom gunsmith before it got straight. Even after all that, would only work with Wilson 45D magazines, and no ammo below Winchester White Box.
Sold it to a friend with the straight story for maybe 2/3 what I paid for it. Range only as I couldn’t trust it. Probably the only gun I ever lost money on.

I had a Jimenez Arms 9mm. It had two problems:
1) The loaded chamber indicator was indistinguishable from the front sight, but was offset to the side. I couldn't hit a thing with it.
2) It ejected the spent cases forward, into no man's land, thus preventing recovery and reloading.

Jimenez was one of the "Ring of Fire" manufacturers, so it basically was someone making a gun in their garage.

Whew! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one to give one of these jam-o-matics a try. Mine was a .25 that could not get through an entire magazine.

You might as well have thrown it at your target. At least it was heavy enough to do a little damage that way!

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
A LLama Firestar 9mm. Spongy trigger, heavy for it's size metal frame. Poor sights, front fell off. Cycled and fired OK. But can't really attest to it's inherent accuracy, or lack there of, due to the sifting sights.

I am not sure which model of Llama it was, but it was a 1911 .45 acp type from the 60's or 70's. I inherited from my dad. It was probable some user error but when I shot the gun if I did not grip it just right the slide would come across the back of my hand and put 2 parallel cuts. I ran 2 magazines threw the gun got pissed off and put it back in to the box and sold it to the first person that showed interest in it. They on the other hand liked the gun go figure.

I am not sure which model of Llama it was, but it was a 1911 .45 acp type from the 60's or 70's. I inherited from my dad. It was probable some user error but when I shot the gun if I did not grip it just right the slide would come across the back of my hand and put 2 parallel cuts. I ran 2 magazines threw the gun got pissed off and put it back in to the box and sold it to the first person that showed interest in it. They on the other hand liked the gun go figure.

Hope it was not the limited production model that was made only for Franco's personal guards (run of 100 I believe with their own s/n group). They were identified by their unique/smaller size. Still looked like a small 1911 in 380 but substantially smaller than the commercial production model

Oh the odd and usless things we remember :letterk1:

You might as well have thrown it at your target. At least it was heavy enough to do a little damage that way!

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

I think that thing was so awful that had I thrown it at someone it would have fallen apart in mid-air!

As much as I hate to say it: my Browning Buckmark simply because it was such a pain to clean. You couldnt just tear in down in seconds like you can with most SAs, it had several screws that you had to remove in order to tear it down and even Browning themselves didnt recommend doing it any more than once a year because it was easy to strip the screws and basically ruin the gun.
Other than that, I loved the gun. It was a great little shooter and never jammed on me but man was that thing a pain to clean. I even tried a Boresnake with it and it was doable but still a pain.

Top Bottom