What's new

What is the worst blade you have used in your razor?

My Parker razor came with a pack of Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum which I found to be absolutely fantastic - sharp, smooth and easily last a week.
I then tried Treet Platinum, which I know some people love and they were terrible.
This made me wonder if there is a possible compatability issue between blades and razors. Maybe some blades are marginally bigger and protrude more or maybe less flexible giving a different cutting angle to the one you got used to from the previous blade.
Has anyone else had any thoughts on this?

Derby's for me. They were schitzo - day 1 & 2 were good shaves. Anything after I risked major irritation. I also found that Merkur's were very average and are not worth the money even in a Merkur razor.

1) Dorco 301 (I can't believe I still have 45 blades left)

2) Super-Max (Platinum or Super Stainless, only about 10 left)

3) Minora (Thank the Heavens above I don't have any in the den)

4) Merkur

I have been working my way through a brick of Dorco 301's.
In the Aristocrat and the Super Speed they are the worst.
In the NEW, not a do over but not so bad.

I've only tried three blades, and I may never again use the two that didn't work so well. That being said, I don't know if that makes them bad, or just bad for me.
Derby - close, but with so much irritation that I eventually had to stop shaving altogether for more than a week to let my face heal.
Bic - see Derby.

Sharp blades are trash...on par with Merkur. Most other blades provide a serviceable shave, even if for only one shave.

I have tried

Feathers
Derby's
American Personna's
Red IPs
Gillette 7'0clock Yellow's

The worst so far have been the Feather's. They are sharp but not smooth at all. They tear my neck up.

Check out my neat little experiment on microscopic view's of these razor blades here.

I found Merkur blades awful as I'm sure most others have. I couldn't say I found feathers that good in my futur either

A toss up between Derby's, Dorco st-301's and the (russian) Gillette super bleue's.

Compared with these even the Sharp's and 7 A.M.'s seems to be ok....

Dorco ST300s are just awful. I found my first Merkur actually not too bad. Derbys ahead so far, followed by Israelis and Astras.

Top Bottom