What's new

What is the worst blade you have used in your razor?

I am pretty sure that Merkur blades were the worst I have ever tried.
I use a Merkur Mergress (modified Progress with metal knob) and it's my standard razor but I have no clue why the blades of this brand are so crappy ... at least I don't get along with them.

The top spot goes to Bolzano Superinox, the Italian Vampire.
Same for me. Although mine was neither smooth or sharp, tugged and pulled like tweezers. The only blades that came close to taking the worst blade were some vintage Gillette Super Blue carbons from the 50-60's.

Derby Extra. They were so dull that I didn't even complete one shave, but just tossed the entire tuck in the trash.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Voskhod and Feather are my worst

My logical mind cannot comprehend this declaration.

First of all, Feathers are Japanese. Unless I'm mistaken. Voshkods are dreadfull things.

They tug. Badly. And no...they do not get better with age.

I just used a Voskhod blade for the first time in months. Never again. Now I see why so many consider it the worst one. I'm red and raw, and the shave wasn't even that close.

I might be alone in this boat, but the Gillette yellow 7 O'Clock blades. I cannot for the life of me get a good shave out of one. Always get weepers.

Derby Extra in all of my three razors, Mühle Rocca, EJ DE89, and Baili BT131. I may manage to clean out chin and neck area without any major issues, and then perform a mild stroke on the cheek and it will grab skin, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Hello. My Swiss knife will shave better than these Topaz. Regards, Eugene.
20190721_065757.jpg

Hands down: "Super Max Titanium". I purchased a sample pack of blades and this one is by far the worst. It was the only blade I have used that literally pulled the hair off my face. It took several passes to complete the shave. I admit it did not draw one drop of blood but the hair pulling was just too much for me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For me it was Derby's. Like shaving with a butterknife that fell into the garbage disposal when it was running, so it's sort of sharp, just enough to rub your skin into a red blotchy mess.
It only took 3 posts for this thread to pick my favorite blade to hate.

And not for lack of trying. I've given this blade a shot for a week, on 3 separate occasions. I say never again, but I'm just foolish and cheap enough to try it again.

Top Bottom