What's new

What is the value of this blade?

Whatever the crazies on ebay will pay for it. With that pitting I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft. pole TBH.

Why is pitting bad? Is it dangerous to use, or does it lower the quality of the shave significantly?

Why is pitting bad? Is it dangerous to use, or does it lower the quality of the shave significantly?

Pitting itself is not bad. Pitting that close to the edge is bad.

It can cause the edge to crumble when used. It can also cause a "holy" edge. It'll look like swiss cheese. Not good.

That pitting near the edge is SCARY.

Someone might find that a good blade to experiment with honing a un-hone-able blade, but I don't know that anyone would want to pay for something that has a good chance of failure.

I see 3 possible options
1. You go on ebay to see if anyone is crazy enough to bid on it
2. You keep it for Dremel practice if you ever want to get into straights
3. You PIF it to someone on here who is crazy enough to try and put an edge on it :lol:

It looks like a goner to me. Nobody with any know how about restoration would be likely to pay any money for that blade. That is some really bad pitting! I would follow the others' advice and see what you can get for it on eBay.

It's not a big deal. I got it sorta for the hell of it and didn't really spend serious money on it (5 bucks).

Actually, you should run a grinding wheel along the edge and ensure nobody ever uses it for anything. Then put it in the bin. The pitting is near the edge which renders the blade totally useless for shaving.

Razors with pitting near the edge can be dangerous and scratch the face badly.
The edge can crumble between shaves and the next day, the unsuspecting owner can get a nasty cut.

Top Bottom