What's new

What is the softest brush?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Glad to see so many jumped on the Cashmere bandwagon. Super-soft and near-floppy synthetic knot.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
If you really don't care about backbone, my first brush was a Parker silvertip from Amazon for around $60. I have not used it in ten years, but it's a pretty brush with a gigantic knot. If it's possible, it has no backbone - very mop like and very soft tips.

Thank you everyone for your input. I decided to go for a 26mm AP cashmere knot. It was 22$ shipped from Canada to central Europe. I will look for a silvertip badger in future, since I don't have a budget for such pricey products yet. Getting my master's in a few months. After that, full time job and a whole lot of shopping :)

Like others have said here, any questions please let me know. Cashmere is the softness I’ve worked with that doesn’t use make-up hair (Motherloade uses make-up hair, which is why I will never carry it, it’s extremely prone to tangling).
Is there any chance that a chubby-style Cashmere could be made/tested? Something like a 26-8mm knot with a shorter loft. I feel like it would be super intriguing to have something with hair that soft and additional backbone from the extra density. I don't want anything above 55mm on a synthetic, so I tend to stick with 24mm, but a 28mm at 53mm loft that doesn't unnaturally warp would be cool.

I have an H.L. Thater silver tip that is hands down the softest brush in my rotation.

Brush-Thater4376-3.jpg

Is there any chance that a chubby-style Cashmere could be made/tested? Something like a 26-8mm knot with a shorter loft. I feel like it would be super intriguing to have something with hair that soft and additional backbone from the extra density. I don't want anything above 55mm on a synthetic, so I tend to stick with 24mm, but a 28mm at 53mm loft that doesn't unnaturally warp would be cool.
What loft were you thinking? It is possible with the current lineup, you’d just need a specific handle size to achieve what you’re after.

I wouldn’t do it at the knot level, i.e. cut the fibres, because then you’re just going to get a glue bump closer to the tips, which is undesirable

Top Bottom