What's new

What is the significance of your Avatar?

My avatar is Carl. He’s the main character in the movie ‘Sling Blade’. If you haven’t seen the movie, you’re missing a good one. Definitely in my top five favorites. BTW, that’s Billy Bob Thornton as Carl. I didn’t recognize him until the credits rolled at the end of the film.
Billy Bob Thornton is a bit of a wingnut and has done some bad movies but his performance in Slingblade is unbelievable. He is just amazing. Hard to believe it is actually him.

John Ritter and Dwight Yoakum are both excellent in it as well.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
My avatar is Carl. He’s the main character in the movie ‘Sling Blade’. If you haven’t seen the movie, you’re missing a good one. Definitely in my top five favorites. BTW, that’s Billy Bob Thornton as Carl. I didn’t recognize him until the credits rolled at the end of the film.

mmmmm.......French fried taters.........

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Billy Bob Thornton is a bit of a wingnut and has done some bad movies but his performance in Slingblade is unbelievable. He is just amazing. Hard to believe it is actually him.

John Ritter and Dwight Yoakum are both excellent in it as well.

Dwight Yoakam darn near stills the show in that film.....

My avatar was created to represent the engine in Willys Jeeps. The engine is known as the "Go Devil". It is a 134 cid inline 4 cylinder flathead. My 1947 Willys CJ2A has that engine.

I have a 2015 JK Wrangler 'Willys Wheeler' and I have always had a soft spot for Army Jeeps.
If this were a Jeep forum I'd tell you to post photos.

I apologize for taking this off topic, but i do like to show the Jeep. This is my daughter and I summer of 2020. 1947 CJ2A. CD752875-C394-4792-891B-1DEBF61D1139.jpeg
CD752875-C394-4792-891B-1DEBF61D1139.jpeg

At one point I owned a Chubby 3 and a Wee Scot. I put the wee scot on top of the Chubby 3 and took a picture.

Shortly after this, I sawed the Wee scot in half to remove the knot and restore a vintage Ivory Turnback (Simpson or Rooney), that had a 14mm knot. I had originally used the only 14mm replacement knot available (a Pure badger) and it was awful... so I killed the poor little wee scot to get a decent one. This is the last known photo of him before his untimely demise.

Top Bottom