What's new

What is the significance of your Avatar?

Doth Stupendous Man let slip, the dogs of war?
Sometimes, especially against the Baby Sitter!

1610915086141.png

Mine is Grundle - the Green Dragon from the 1980 Atari 2600 video game Adventure.

There are 3 dragons (yeah they're dragons and not ducks), each with their own patterns and styles.

Rhindle (Red) is fast but easily out-smarted by getting him to bite you and then jumping to the next screen and for the most part (if the bat doesn't get him) he'll be on the same screen where you left him, if you come back.
Yorgle is not easily outsmarted and will chase you all over the mazes. Hiding in a castle for a moment or two will make him wander off.
Grundle though . . . if he has nothing to guard, he wanders around aimlessly. If you forget about him and blindly round a corner, he'll be right there and eat you before you realize what happened (this has happened to me on a multitude of occasions).

So I use Grundle as a reminder to myself to always keep my wits about me and not proceed blindly lest I get eaten.

Mine is Grundle - the Green Dragon from the 1980 Atari 2600 video game Adventure.

Thanks for posting. Adventure was my favorite Atari game. In the early 1980s, my wife and I sold our high school rings and my college ring for the gold content to buy an Atari for the kids. We didn't wear the rings, so we didn't miss them. My kids and wife thought Adventure was stupid, so that game was all mine. In a box somewhere, I still have that 2600, Adventure and a few other games. As I remember the control sticks, and even replacements, were awful.

You won’t believe this, but I’ve not seen one single Highlander Movie.
Ohh you must sit down with a beer or four and revel in it :) It's one of those It's-so-bad-it's-good movies. Plus you got Connery in it. Classic 80s sci-fi/fantasy. Pretty sure Sean was only in the first movie. There was a series spin-off of the movies too as I recall.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
You won’t believe this, but I’ve not seen one single Highlander Movie.

First one is a pretty decent classic of the 1980's fantasy sci-fi genre, definitely worth seeing. Do yourself a favor and skip any and all of the sequels (kind of like most sequels)

First one is a pretty decent classic of the 1980's fantasy sci-fi genre, definitely worth seeing. Do yourself a favor and skip any and all of the sequels (kind of like most sequels)
The only sequels that I recall watching that were decent was the Lord of the Rings series. But then Tolkien wrote them as a continuous story.

My avatar is Carl. He’s the main character in the movie ‘Sling Blade’. If you haven’t seen the movie, you’re missing a good one. Definitely in my top five favorites. BTW, that’s Billy Bob Thornton as Carl. I didn’t recognize him until the credits rolled at the end of the film.

Top Bottom