What's new

What is the significance of your Avatar?

I rotate them out, I have used pictures of myself, pictures of Jerry Garcia, the current pic is used because it reminds me of my youth watching the Rockford Files with my Grandfather. To this day it is still one of my favorite shows.
It was one of my favourites too, and I’ve always enjoyed watching James Garner. Perhaps it’s something to do with guys from Durham...(even if they’re in different countries!)

Mine was done as part of the 2021 annual sabbatical. This year, we are doing a classic Star Trek parody theme. I've been making a series of avatars with different Trek characters on a kilo box of Cella, so they can be rotated throughout the year. No reason, other than having some silly fun and learning to use a graphics editing program on Linux.

On the left, Gary Mitchell, from the early episode Where No Man has Gone Before. Below, there's Khan, Balok, Trelane, Talosian zookeeper and Gorn captain.

cella-khan-1.png
cella-balok-3.png

cella-trelane-2.png
cella-talosian-m-2.png

cella-gorn-2.png

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Mine was done as part of the 2021 annual sabbatical. This year, we are doing a classic Star Trek parody theme. I've been making a series of avatars with different Trek characters on a kilo box of Cella, so they can be rotated throughout the year. No reason, other than having some silly fun and learning to use a graphics editing program on Linux.

On the left, Gary Mitchell, from the early episode Where No Man has Gone Before. Below, there's Khan, Balok, Trelane, Talosian zookeeper and Gorn captain.

View attachment 1206939View attachment 1206940
View attachment 1206941View attachment 1206942
View attachment 1206945

Nicely done!

AA

View attachment 1206939View attachment 1206940
View attachment 1206941View attachment 1206942
View attachment 1206945
I remember every episode.

I love collecting mugs. I've got over a hundred or so vintage mugs of all shapes and sizes and brands.

I also got mugs printed with brands or philosophy dear to me.

That is a GNU - Gnu Not Unix is the open-source software systems and utilities and today its most visible as wrapped around the Linux kernel to make the GNU/Linux OS. I love the philosophy of open source and use it at work and at home. My Dell XPS 15 has PoP OS loaded on it currently.

The foot is the Gnome desktop for Linux. Its my favorite desktop environment, beats windows by a long stretch.

Rest are obvious!

IMG_20180212_222417.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I love collecting mugs. I've got over a hundred or so vintage mugs of all shapes and sizes and brands.

I also got mugs printed with brands or philosophy dear to me.

That is a GNU - Gnu Not Unix is the open-source software systems and utilities and today its most visible as wrapped around the Linux kernel to make the GNU/Linux OS. I love the philosophy of open source and use it at work and at home. My Dell XPS 15 has PoP OS loaded on it currently.

The foot is the Gnome desktop for Linux. Its my favorite desktop environment, beats windows by a long stretch.

Rest are obvious!

View attachment 1206996

Currently using Ubuntu Linux. :thumbup:

Top Bottom