What's new

What is the significance of your Avatar?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Eric:
My avatar (and user name), is a 'play on words' of the fictional character Edmond Dantes in Dumas's illustrious book as the barber of Livorno cuts off his long hair and uses a straight razor to shave off his beard after 14 years of isolation.:straight:

And as he sits in the chair of the horrified barber, Edmond coyly says"Yeah, guess I haven't kept up with the grooming". The others waiting in line are sailors (i.e., smugglers), who had rescued Dantes from the sea after his escape from the prison
of ChateauD'If.
escape-icon-png.1016467

full

Moreover, besides liking my avatar and humorous shaving related screen name, I really enjoyed that book and can sympathize with him. He was a good man, yet unsuspecting, magnanimous and just a little naive in nature that only needed inner strength
to overcome.

However, almost all through my life, I have known that to live in this world of human affairs one should have a universal awareness, be well versed, well read and well traveled. :thumbsup:

Your Avatar.jpg "…I must have a [avatar] in order to work, otherwise I am lost". Guillermo Cabrera Infante

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I certainly am not! Nor do I pretend to be. I am simply grateful the Honorable @FarmerTan agreed to be seen with me in publix! I hope to share a meal again with you, my friend!
That can be arranged my friend. What are you doing in late Fall or Winter? If I travel to FLA again I will be going by motor vehicle.

We got back from there last week, and my arms are still sore!

That can be arranged my friend. What are you doing in late Fall or Winter? If I travel to FLA again I will be going by motor vehicle.

We got back from there last week, and my arms are still sore!
I would love to see you & your bride, this fall, or winter, my friend! My compound in the South Pacific won’t be finished yet, so I will still be in western Missouri! I hope you’re able to make it.

And why are your arms sore? Try swimming downstream instead of upstream next time!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My owl photo was taken just a few weeks after I got a Canon 70-300L for my Canon 60D, my first DSLR. He/she sat perched high up in a pine tree in our backyard, just after sunset. I ended up yelling at the top of my lungs to get the barred owl to turn its head so I could snap some photos. That owl sat on that branch for about half an hour... long enough for me to go back in the house, get my tripod, set it up and fire away. The neighbors on both sides of our house came out into their backyards to see what the yelling was about. ;)

Throughout much of the 1960s and early 1970s, designer George Lois created some of the most memorable covers in Esquire magazine's history. Like this one from 1965. "The ad guys hated it," Lois says. "It was too edgy. They were worried about losing clients." The idea came as soon as Lois heard the concept of an article editor Harold Hayes had commissioned: "The Masculinization of the American Woman." (It's unreadable. Don't.) "I wanted to capture a woman being manly and still beautiful," he says. "It was a spoof of the whole idea of a glamorous Hollywood." All he needed was a woman willing to do it. Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield declined. Kim Novak's publicist hung up on him. And then Lois found Virna Lisi, an Italian actress who was in town filming Assault on a Queen with Frank Sinatra and who thought the idea was terrific. So terrific that she wanted to be shot right away. That afternoon, they did. Before she could change her mind.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I chose mine because he's one of my favorite characters of all time. Plus everytime I watch the movies I spot something new. It's like the gift that just keeps on giving.

I used a generic form of photoshop to change the "Charms" to "Chops". I use it on a lot of the forums that I visit. Ironically, I do not believe in luck, LOL!

Top Bottom