What's new

What is the safest and most efficient way to shave hair on earlobes?

My barber sets fire to them, scarey to say the least.

I have a battery powered Wilkinson cartridge razor which has a powered trimmer at the blunt end, that does the job. The whole business is a lot easier if your partner will assist but I suspect that this is an unpopular task

1676691145605.png

This! Crazy as it sounds, I sometimes use a long match and run it along the earlobe/edges.

I’ll wet the skin first and don’t actually touch the flame to the skin, just close enough to hear the hair sizzle. If anyone tries this please be safe and watch out for the hair on your head and/or beard!

The norelco oneblade works well too and is probably the safer bet lol.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Wait, how? You put a corner up your nose and twist?
No. It's just like shaving your face, but without lather. You stick the toe of the blsde into your nose and shave the nose's inner surface just near the opening being careful with edge pressure against the skin and shave angle.

BBS is not aimed for, just a SAS. It takes practise and good blade control.

No. It's just like shaving your face, but without lather. You stick the toe of the blsde into your nose and shave the nose's inner surface just near the opening being careful with edge pressure against the skin and shave angle.

Would you suggest that a beginner start with the smallest blade in a Swiss Army knife?

I swear by my Gold Dollar W59 SR for shaving my ears, ear canals and nostrils.

It also does a great job of shaving the rest of my face.

Don't try this unless under direct adult supervision
Recall seeing a painting of someone who used a straight on their ears and would up with a closer shave than desired. See the image below. Note that this is actually a true story! Hopefully your results have been better.🤣

Attachments

• VanGogh.png
    VanGogh.png
    354.3 KB · Views: 3

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
A show I was watching last nite had a segment with a fellow getting a shave in a Turkish barbershop. The barber was using a lighter to burn away ear hair!

In some crazy way does this make sense?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Hey guys, so I have hair on my earlobes that is a bit unsightly. My barber told me to shave it with an eyebrow razor. So, I tried that around a week and a half ago with a Tinkle eyebrow razor, and my skin is still feeling raw and is unevenly red in some areas. This is surprising because I washed my face in warm water, used pre-shave oil, a lot of shaving cream, and a soothing aftershave balm. I even nicked myself a few times on my ear shaving very gently. I hope those nicks don't turn into scars. I also didn't get all the ear hair off.
I wanted to know if there's a better way to shave hair on earlobes. Like a certain razor I could get, and/or a certain technique I could do. I'm curious if the pros have any techniques.
I keep a Trac III for that task and it works well. I tried using a straight razor and that did not work out well at all. It is unbelievable how much blood an ear can produce.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile

If I tried that, I'd look like Jack Nicholson in Chinatown.

Hey guys, so I have hair on my earlobes that is a bit unsightly. My barber told me to shave it with an eyebrow razor. So, I tried that around a week and a half ago with a Tinkle eyebrow razor, and my skin is still feeling raw and is unevenly red in some areas. This is surprising because I washed my face in warm water, used pre-shave oil, a lot of shaving cream, and a soothing aftershave balm. I even nicked myself a few times on my ear shaving very gently. I hope those nicks don't turn into scars. I also didn't get all the ear hair off.
I wanted to know if there's a better way to shave hair on earlobes. Like a certain razor I could get, and/or a certain technique I could do. I'm curious if the pros have any techniques.
IMG_2220.jpg

Works perfectly every time.

Top Bottom