What's new

What is the most difficult area of the face to shave?

Lower neck/throat area outboard of adam's apple. My beard grows sideways from rear to front which is the opposite of the pattern above the jaw line. Makes for a daily test of awakeness.

I too, have the same problems as most of you. Even my mighty slant can't seem to shave off the deep embedded hairs. I doubt any razor can or cream can.

For me, the toughest place to get a clean, smooth shave is right under the jaw lines. It's a daily struggle, and I always end up doing touchups to try to smooth it out after every shave.

Under my jawline and the very bottom of my neck. I get BBS on the cheeks and chin and upper lip, and feel like sandpaper just under my jaw line and the bottom area of either side of my neck. Woof!

Last edited:
On either side under my jawline and just to either side of the Adam's apple. I can get the Adam's apple itself very smooth, but just to either side is really tricky and easy to irritate.

I'm surprised more people don't mention the upper lip. For me, it was so annoying to get BBS everywhere else but visible hairs always remaining on my upper lip that I resorted to extreme measures: I regrew my moustache!

It depends on what you mean by difficult. If you mean difficult to pass the razor over, then I don't really have any difficult places. If you mean difficult to get a close shave, then I would say it is my upper lip. This is because given the short length of the stroke to cover this area there is little room to manuever the razor effectively.

Top Bottom