What's new

What is the most convenient type of razor and why?

I'd say whatever works for you and it also depends on the situation. Even though i've stopped shaving with cartridge razors ever since I started using DE razors I wouldn't hesitate to buy a disposable cartridge and use it if I go on a vacation somewhere, especially if i'm going to use a plane. Ever since I started using DE razors my overall shaving skills have drastically improved despite the fact that i've been using cartridge razors all my life and I can shave with one while taking a shower without the need of a mirror at all.

I'm also fairly confident to say that since my skills have improved, I could (probably) shave with a cartridge razors without getting ingrown hairs, razor bumps or have any other issues at all, but it woudn't be fun.

We're all here, because we enjoy this hobby in one way or another. Some of us are addicted to razors regardless if they are DE, SE or SR, vintage or modern while others care more about the cosmetics they use like artisan soaps with unique scents and matching long lasting aftershaves and i'm sure some people have fun doing something else entirely.

Some people want to get a fast and somewhat close shave, while others don't want to rush it and get the best shave possible and that includes the tools we use and how we use them.

What i've learned is that there's no wrong way to shave as long as you're satisfied during and after the shave regardless what your end goals are (BBS, DFS, CCS or whatever). I see people enjoying razors, blades, cosmetics (aftershaves, soaps/creams etc.) and other things that I hate with passion as well as shaving in a way that would either destroy my face or it wouldn't be very pleasant at all, but if that works for them, who am I to judge? I might disagree if someone tries to convince me otherwise, but as long as he's not forcing his views, believes and opinions of me, i'm good with that.

I'd say whatever works for you and it also depends on the situation. Even though i've stopped shaving with cartridge razors ever since I started using DE razors I wouldn't hesitate to buy a disposable cartridge and use it if I go on a vacation somewhere, especially if i'm going to use a plane. Ever since I started using DE razors my overall shaving skills have drastically improved despite the fact that i've been using cartridge razors all my life and I can shave with one while taking a shower without the need of a mirror at all.

I'm also fairly confident to say that since my skills have improved, I could (probably) shave with a cartridge razors without getting ingrown hairs, razor bumps or have any other issues at all, but it woudn't be fun.

We're all here, because we enjoy this hobby in one way or another. Some of us are addicted to razors regardless if they are DE, SE or SR, vintage or modern while others care more about the cosmetics they use like artisan soaps with unique scents and matching long lasting aftershaves and i'm sure some people have fun doing something else entirely.

Some people want to get a fast and somewhat close shave, while others don't want to rush it and get the best shave possible and that includes the tools we use and how we use them.

What i've learned is that there's no wrong way to shave as long as you're satisfied during and after the shave regardless what your end goals are (BBS, DFS, CCS or whatever). I see people enjoying razors, blades, cosmetics (aftershaves, soaps/creams etc.) and other things that I hate with passion as well as shaving in a way that would either destroy my face or it wouldn't be very pleasant at all, but if that works for them, who am I to judge? I might disagree if someone tries to convince me otherwise, but as long as he's not forcing his views, believes and opinions of me, i'm good with that.
You will also see that when you get into the SR shaving, it will lead to your technique improving with all the other types of shaving.

If you can shave with a SR, you can shave with anything:lemo:

You will also see that when you get into the SR shaving, it will lead to your technique improving with all the other types of shaving.

If you can shave with a SR, you can shave with anything:lemo:

Wasn't shaving with a shavette (using half DE blades) or razorine a bit harder though? But yeah, shaving with a SR takes a lot longer to master compared to most types of razors.

Top Bottom