What's new

What is the mildest shavette ?

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I had a very close comfortable shave today with the Feather AC and Proguard blade. After using SR’s lately I forgot how nimble and efficient this razor is. No guesswork, you know it’s going to be incredibly sharp. I used a very light touch and my overall technique is better after a few weeks dedicated to the SR.

Not sure if the shavette itself will make more of a difference as finding the right blade and making sure technique is on point. I abandoned shavettes years back cuz I would get razor burn more often compared to when I used a straight. A few months back, I decided to try them again but explored various blades. I also think my technique is much better. Now I get great shaves without even trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally bought the Feather AC kamisori and the Feather clone almost 2 months ago. It's true that they are milder than a standart shavette. I don't see any difference between the original feather and the clone one.
But a week ago, I boyght the Focus slim Al shavette (using half DE blade) and this is even smoother than the artist club. amazing quality, very confortable shavette, easy to load blade, I'm so happy of it, it is the best shavette I've ever used :)

I am new to shavette and am currently using Feather SoftGuard.
I don't know if they are "mild" but I think they are pretty "safe" because of the guards.

Below are pictures and close-up.

IMG_6155.JPG

IMG_6156.JPG

It has guards to protect me in case accidentally slipped horizontally.
It also has wave-shaped guards to cover most of the blade areas and allow the blade exposure be minimal. So even I cut myself, that would not be a "badly" cut.

I believe the SoftGuard blades are produced for barber shop to remove facial hair for ladies. But I found that it performs quite well when I use it to shave.

You may grab one to try. Amazon has it.

I finally bought the Feather AC kamisori and the Feather clone almost 2 months ago. It's true that they are milder than a standart shavette. I don't see any difference between the original feather and the clone one.
But a week ago, I boyght the Focus slim Al shavette (using half DE blade) and this is even smoother than the artist club. amazing quality, very confortable shavette, easy to load blade, I'm so happy of it, it is the best shavette I've ever used :)

Glad you've found something that works for you. I've tried the Focus all-aluminum shavette, and I find the Focus R21 with the plastic insert to feel even smoother. It's also around a third of the price.

Glad you've found something that works for you. I've tried the Focus all-aluminum shavette, and I find the Focus R21 with the plastic insert to feel even smoother. It's also around a third of the price.
really ?
In this case, I have to give it a try. its seems to have those two little protections at the blade edges, which makes the shave way smoother than a standart shavette, in my opinion

Top Bottom