What's new

What is the longest time you’ve gone without shaving?

No touchups or anything. No trimming. No beard line shaping. No nothing.

Whats the longest time you’ve gone between two shaves, without shaving? how old were you and what made you avoid shaving ?

Lets hear your gross cave man stories.

Mine was two weeks. I was probably 22 at the time, and the reason for not shaving was that I wanted to make my Economics professor at University think that i was under the weather and generally having a hard time,so i would get some leniency on my exam scores. It didnt work [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About three months several times over the years while in the Navy aboard submarines back in the '80s (when we were allowed to do that).

Majorly itchy...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I don't know exactly but I'd say it's probably been something like 9 or 10 days. The thing that keeps me from going much longer than that is the itching that starts to happen the longer it gets. I hate that. I much prefer a clean shaven face.

About 3 weeks when I suffered a aneurysm I was unaware of anything for a a little over a month. My daughter said I look like a mountain man.

1.5 months....my wife didn't like it and deep down it was bothersome snagging on zippers on coats etc), washing it. Plus it made me look older (more like my real age as I tend to look 10 years younger than I am clean shaven) which I don't want.

Probably just a few days. Even in November when I don't "shave". I still always keep it trimmed nicely to form a nice line, and I always keep my neck shaved. I don't want a neck-beard.

A few days when camping, but other than that I always trimmed if I was growing facial hair. I get really strange hairs that grow straight out high on my cheeks...

Since I first picked up a DE safety razor five or six years ago, I've not gone more than 48 hours without shaving.

Quite some time back in the mid 1970 to mid 1980s. I grew a beard to cover some ugly scars from frostbite during from a nasty winter. Kept the beard until moved to Texas in 1986.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I think it was after 9 days in the bush and I couldnt take it anymore.

One of these and some Palmolive dish soap did the trick!

1488246107_51_868_1.jpg

About two to three weeks every year when we go vacationing near the ocean. Salt water and freshly shaved face don’t mix well. I usually keep the beard for another week after coming back. But I’m not kidding myself, I’m no Hemingway...

Two days. I was recuperating from surgery. That was about six years ago. After two days the itching was driving me crazy and with my wife's help, I shaved.

Not sure but for a good few years. I was around 27 and an art student, preparing for an exhibition. After watching the Stanley Cup where the players stop shaving for the series, I decided to stop shaving till I sold a painting. I sold one but kept growing it all anyway. Because my hair grows N-S but S-N on the neck, this ridge of hair formed, like the concertina neck ruffs you see in 17c portraits.

ruff.jpg

It was also pretty dandruffy, plus, I was going pretty bald by then too, but still had fairly long hair round the back and sides. My dad said I looked like Grizzly Adams. I shaved it all off when I had to find a new place to live so I didn't frighten the new Landlady!

Wes

Mine was probably 10 years. From around '03-'12 I never touched a razor, never owned a razor would would just buzz my face with bare clippers when my beard would start to itch. Id buzz it about once a month.

For me maybe about 3 months without trimming except for the mustache. I shaved because the beard was looking wild and homeless like. And grizzly all salt and pepper.

Top Bottom