What's new

What is the longest time you’ve gone without shaving?

I think my longest was about half a year. Stopped shaving at the start of my soccer season and said I’d only shave if we lost, went undefeated all year and won the play offs.
It was a pretty impressive beard, I was about 23 at the time? I still can’t believe I went that long without caving and reaching for my straight razors.

It was the late 90's and I was between assignments. Seven days exactly. On the seventh day I shaved as I couldn't stand it anymore. The straight razor wiped it all off in minutes. This is the longest I've ever gone in all my life.

Chris

No shaving at all, 6 years while I went through a beard phase, 2011-2017. Not clean shaven/keeping some facial hair, from 1989 when I got out of the Air Force until I started my beard phase in 2011. During this time, I always had a mustache and at least a goatee.

I've always done some kind of grooming... I had a beard way before they were trendy (and we didn't have "beard balms", I just used moisturizer), and removed it right around the time they started to become trendy.

I used to have a Wahl beard and moustache trimmer.

Six days. I broke my arm on a Saturday and initially planned on seizing the opportunity to grow a beard. By Friday, I had snapped and bought a Braun Series 7. Since getting back on the DE team, the longest I have gone without shaving is four days to let some irritation cool down while away on a ski trip. I have not been overwhelmed by irritation since that break.

I tried ‘starting’ a beard when I was in college. That was cut down to a mustache based on my girlfriend’s opinion! (That young lady remains the LOTH around here!!) :ladysman: :ladysman:

I’m a sailor and I often don’t shave on long offshore passages. When I sailed my 42’ sailboat from Newfoundland, Canada to Ireland, I didn’t shave for 13 days. When I sailed from Easter Island to mainland Chile, I didn’t shave for 19 days. The itchiness drove me crazy.

I did grow out a beard a few years back, but I still trimmed my neck..... Ugh, that gets so itchy. Aside from that, probably the longest I've gone without shaving is 3-4 days, and only when I was sick. I love shaving, and I really hate not doing it. I rarely go more than 1 day without shaving.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
When I retired grew a beard for a few months and liked the look but was itchy and some times I would get a hair that swelled at the root for what ever reason and had to pluck it out because it was annoying my skin.
I shave mostly every day now and enjoy it(traditional wet shaving), never thought I would say I enjoy shaving.

Couple weeks for me. I thought I'd grow it out while going to school but just looked like a bum the whole time. I would try it again but later down the lane.

Never more than max 4-5 days when going canoeing - except once where I tried for fun to get facial hair for the first time in my life. At 50+ I actually started to have real growth so I grew a circle beard. But it came out grey(!), my daughter said I looked like an old man, and the itch was terrible. Never again. Oh, and I just love DE shaving!

Prior to this fantastic DE journey, I used to shave (gasp) every 7 days or so. I used to rock a goatee, so just shaved cheeks and neck. I just hated shaving so badly that is was just not worth the irritation.

These days I shave it all, every other day. My face can’t handle daily shaves and it’s more a treat when the shave day arrives. As a bonus, I find I’m getting more looks from the ladies on my shave days. I’d sure love me a time machine!

Top Bottom