What's new

what is the hype with Williams?

it's a good question (what is all the fuss?). I used Williams for a couple years and didn't know anything else. I returned to an electric for several years after being given one as a gift. Is was convenient. It wasn't fun. I wanted to get back to a safety razor so I returned. Frankly, I didn't see what people really loved about shave soap and a brush until I returned several months ago. This time, I tried some different soaps including prorasso and MWF. for me, it made a big difference. it's no different than having your favorite shampoo etc. some people don't care. They want what is servicable, easily available and thrifty only and other things are more important. some people are like that, for example, with cars, pens, cel phones and other things. most of us on this list seem to be a little more interested in how"it" smells, feels lathers and finishes. some of us justify the cost and time with all kinds of reasons while others simply acknowlege that it's important to us and that's all we need. I don't think that there is a right or wrong answer when it comes to Williams. I tried it again this last week. it worked fine. it didn't make me want to continue to use it though like other soaps. I still don't know why Williams had such a great formula years ago but changed it. maybe they sell enough pucks now at the lower cost per puck to make the margins work better. Perhaps they finally found their market.

Having a little previous experience with the AD monster when I got into wristwatches some years back I found myself at the end of it all with a drawer full of watches. After "getting it out of my system" I realized, I can only wear one watch at a time (two at the most) and I prefer mechanical watches with good lume. I always had a thing for watches since I was a kid (it probably goes back to shameless product placement in movies - think Bond, think Rolex) and after spending way too much money I realized that I should have probably stopped much earlier than I did.
Not so with DE shaving. I am getting what I need for very little money and will not chase the monster by throwing money at him (her?).
The monster is always doing push ups and staying in shape but I am stronger.
Yea, verily I would vanquish the great winged beast tho breath of fire and claws that rend and tail smites mightily, I hath greater wit. Forsooth the beast is no match for the resolute man.

Having a little previous experience with the AD monster when I got into wristwatches some years back I found myself at the end of it all with a drawer full of watches. After "getting it out of my system" I realized, I can only wear one watch at a time (two at the most) and I prefer mechanical watches with good lume. I always had a thing for watches since I was a kid (it probably goes back to shameless product placement in movies - think Bond, think Rolex) and after spending way too much money I realized that I should have probably stopped much earlier than I did.
Not so with DE shaving. I am getting what I need for very little money and will not chase the monster by throwing money at him (her?).
The monster is always doing push ups and staying in shape but I am stronger.
Yea, verily I would vanquish the great winged beast tho breath of fire and claws that rend and tail smites mightily, I hath greater wit. Forsooth the beast is no match for the resolute man.

Are you saying that your drawer is now full of Williams pucks instead of watches?

Are you saying that your drawer is now full of Williams pucks instead of watches?
Got me! That was a good laugh. Would you offer me a puck of Williams for a Seiko Diver? Lightly worn in good shape.
How about taking a look at this nice Shmolex Shnubmariner for a fair price?:tongue_sm

OldSaw

The wife's investment
i honestly think new williams is better than Cade and at almost a 10th of the price to boot!

OK, as much as it pains me to agree with you, I will agree on this one. But only because I had an allergic reaction to Cade.

So there. There's my positive post on Williams. Everyone happy? :biggrin1:

I understand the watch fascination. i started a small collection of Hamilton Masterpieces. I still have them. I'll have to have them serviced. I love the sound of a mechanical watch. I wish I had one of the older seikos. I wouldn't put Williams in the same class but I'll work on this puck and give it a better shot. heaven forbid someone starts a Williams challenge.

Top Bottom