What's new

What is the future of 'wet shaving'?

Christoph said:
I have often thought that the term 'wet shaving' is sometimes a misnomer, since people who use canned foam and gillette mach3s are, quite literally, wet shaving.

I don't think this is correct. I thought wetshaving was referring to the process of using water to make lather. Hence the wetness. The foam and gel use chemicals to produce lather.

Am I wrong?

kozulich said:
Interestingly, I noticed that my local Von Maur is carrying Truefit & Hill wetshaving supplies (brushes, creams, etc.). My local JC Penny is carrying eShave brushes, creams, and upscale mach 3s. This was not the case just last year AFAIK. Body Shop is carrying shaving cream and low end brushes, even local grocery stores are carrying Kiss My Face, JASON and Tom's shaving creams. Maybe the market is expanding?:thumbup1:

Where do you live? Von Maur is actually headquartered here and the only wetshavng supplies I've seeen is a set that is sold with a brush, stand, and Razor which takes a Mach 3 cartridge.

JMT said:
Where do you live? Von Maur is actually headquartered here and the only wetshavng supplies I've seeen are a set that is old with a brush, stand, and Razor which takes a Mach 3 cartridge.

I'm in Omaha Nebraska. The shaving stuff is in the "men's fragrance" department. They have T&H brushes, cream tubes, cream tubs, aftershave etc. As well as some "sets" that include brushes and creams. They may also carry another brand of stuff. I can't remember if it was Jack Black or some such brand. I wasn't there for shaving equipment so I didn't pay real close attention.

Top Bottom