What's new

What is the easiest Gem Razor Model to start with?

I tried my first GEM tonight: the G-Bar. Super smooth shave. Don't be afraid of it.....embrace it! I have a ton of GEM razors and this is the first I've used one. I can't believe I waited so long ! Very intuitive with the angle..a no-brainer really.

I just did my second shave with the G-bar a few minutes ago on a 5 day growth. Even better than the first time. A single WTG would have been sufficient. I did a 3 pass and it Is truly BBS. Once this blade is done I will try another one. I like this razor for a multi-day growth

Push Button gets my vote.
It is very similar to the G-Bar, but the is more comfortable.
If you can get a Gem Junior Lather Catcher - those are the best.

I've got a G-Bar and a Micromatic. I'm trying the micromatic tomorrow, but I really couldn't get into the G-Bar. With the short handle and steep head angle, I felt uncomfortable holding the razor.

I've got a G-Bar and a Micromatic. I'm trying the micromatic tomorrow, but I really couldn't get into the G-Bar. With the short handle and steep head angle, I felt uncomfortable holding the razor.

Which Micromatic do you have?

Open comb? Bar (Clog pruf)? ? Bullet tip? There are only 3 micromatics. Do a Google image search and you will easily identify yours.

Which ever one you start one with doesn't matter. You'll soon hear the siren call of the Open Comb Micro-Matic, much like the One Ring calling to its Master. That razor is the pinnacle of razor technology. I get great shaves from a lot of my razors, but the OCMM? Oh... BBS All the time, and the shave easily lasts 24 hours.

No Pressure, good lather and prep and you'll soon be thinking that the decline and fall of western civilization began when production of these marvels was phased out.

Which ever one you start one with doesn't matter. You'll soon hear the siren call of the Open Comb Micro-Matic, much like the One Ring calling to its Master. That razor is the pinnacle of razor technology. I get great shaves from a lot of my razors, but the OCMM? Oh... BBS All the time, and the shave easily lasts 24 hours.

No Pressure, good lather and prep and you'll soon be thinking that the decline and fall of western civilization began when production of these marvels was phased out.

The MMOC is one of my favorites!

910BE624-6FB3-42D9-9E37-F4334E77C835.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I tried to shave with my Great Grandfathers 1912. No good for me. It was a blood bath. Technique I would say because I kept defaulting to the DE angle and scraping. Also the edges of the blade that slightly overhang the pins on the comb of the razor nick me all the time. I was using Gem blades by Persona bought from a place in England.

Top Bottom