What's new

What is the difference between Timeless Titanium and Bronze?

Sorry don't have either but am interested to hear about blade exposure and feel for Bronze .38 v Ti .68.

Clearly, the bronze is heavier and the head is a different design.

Building a kit for my boys and got them the Bronze SB. I usually try a razor first but ordered 2 for them. Gave one a go and got the best first pass out of any razor I’ve ever used. Really astounded me, close to BBS on pass 1. Not kidding.

Not designed as an aggressive razor but does a much better job for me than my Timeless OC 95 in stainless. I think it was just designed that well. For those buying the OC plates for these because they thought the SB was too mild, I am completely confused.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
What blade gap did you get
Building a kit for my boys and got them the Bronze SB. I usually try a razor first but ordered 2 for them. Gave one a go and got the best first pass out of any razor I’ve ever used. Really astounded me, close to BBS on pass 1. Not kidding.

Not designed as an aggressive razor but does a much better job for me than my Timeless OC 95 in stainless. I think it was just designed that well. For those buying the OC plates for these because they thought the SB was too mild, I am completely confused.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What blade gap did you get

I think the SBs are all 38 in Bronze. Not what I was expecting in the least based on blade gap. Used a Kai blade. I’m not that guy that says something is the best ever everyday but this was my best first pass ever and I could easily be happy with one pass only. It was almost that mythical first pass BBS everyone would like to find.

Was amazed.

That sounds amazing. I do love Kai blades also. So tempted to nab a bronze now...

I did not try any other blades. The Kai is wider than most and could have been the perfect fit for me and the razor. I rode the cap like my Game Changer and pre-war Tech expecting the same type of shave but it was very different than those. If you like patina, leave it alone. If you don’t, I’d recommend a home remover with flour over chemicals to keep that shine, then wax.

I have found sevral noticable diffeences: the Titanium is much lighter. the head design is identical to the Stainless, the Bronze is very different. I found the Bronze has much more blade feel, can be more efficient, and more irritating, depending on whether you ride the cap or guard, or set your angle for maximum blade feel. I find the Titanium an easier daily shaver, the Bronze takes more focus and time to get a nick free, irritation free BBS. I think the Bronze is a much better looking razor, mine is getting a patina while the Titanium never changes from dull gray. Of course YMMV in all the differences I found.

I have the Ti .095 SB and it is buttery smooth and a tad less efficient than the SS .095 OC that I have. The face feel from the Ti is incredible.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Thank you all for your feedback. So you are saying to get them both.

I have found sevral noticable diffeences: the Titanium is much lighter. the head design is identical to the Stainless, the Bronze is very different. I found the Bronze has much more blade feel, can be more efficient, and more irritating, depending on whether you ride the cap or guard, or set your angle for maximum blade feel. I find the Titanium an easier daily shaver, the Bronze takes more focus and time to get a nick free, irritation free BBS. I think the Bronze is a much better looking razor, mine is getting a patina while the Titanium never changes from dull gray. Of course YMMV in all the differences I found.

Is this with the titanium .68 gap? Not really concerned about the patina, my other razors are machined not polished and shiny. Thanks for all the reviews guys.

Well, I have had both of the bronze and have a 0.95 OC titanium. As much as I love Timeless, I never was able to get a good shave despite trying multiple different blades with either of the bronze and sold them both. Love my titanium and it gives an excellent shave. Know lots of people love the bronze, just didn't work out for me.

Is this with the titanium .68 gap? Not really concerned about the patina, my other razors are machined not polished and shiny. Thanks for all the reviews guys.
I have both base plates, 68 and 95. I usually use the 95 base plate, OC or SB, the 68 is too mild and too hard to get as close a shave as I usually want.

Top Bottom