What's new

What Is the Best Way to Prolong The Life Of A Gillette Wilkinson Sword Indian Stainless Steel Blade?

I don’t believe that’s true in all cases. It’s been a widely held belief for years that some/most blades are sharper after a couple of uses as the coating wears off the edge.
Yes I have read and respect that opinion. I would also guess that any blade becoming sharper with use to be more of an exception than a norm.

A 3rd use of a Gillette W/S. Nice pleasant 3 passer done. Could have got away with 2 but usual OCD with chin and lower jawline turned it into about 6 (joke).
3 uses is about my limit for these blades. Still efficient, no noticible drag or unpleasantness, no nicks, just a lower level of efficiency. At least they die gracefully, these Indian Gillette W/S.
A good reliable, very affordable blade I think.

Simon

Count me into the Excalibur Club. I will put it in my signature as soon as I work how to actually create it!

It is not economics, obviously it is just pennies, even the best DE blades, compared to cartridges. I am just interested in how blades perform, and little tips. There is some interesting stuff on the Excalibur threads.

Just because really. Why not?

Simon

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You need a better class of loser for friends, my friend.

I hope that others notice my poor attempt at humor was just that: humor! I surely don't want any folks from Bay City, Mi to read this and think it's a good idea!
I hope my Canadian friends, like my number one Arko supplier, @mio_cuggino have a sense of humor. Do you guys up there spell it humour? Do you have a choice, because you never had a Teddy Roosevelt as a PM?

Bay City is the original home of Madonna. She might be the smartest person who ever came from there, and her teeth are all still in her head, unlike lots of folks from Bay City. Candy is a LOT cheaper than Dental werk.

Why is she possibly the smartest person from Bay City?

Answer: because she LEFT, lol.

I hope my Canadian friends, like my number one Arko supplier, @mio_cuggino have a sense of humor. Do you guys up there spell it humour? Do you have a choice, because you never had a Teddy Roosevelt as a PM?

Bay City is the original home of Madonna. She might be the smartest person who ever came from there, and her teeth are all still in her head, unlike lots of folks from Bay City. Candy is a LOT cheaper than Dental werk.

There appear to be a lot of Bay Cities in the States. I always thought there was a California one, but I understand that was just a made up place by Raymond Chandler for Phillip Marlowe to always get beaten up in by the cops in the 40's. I love the Chandler books! I too am hard-boiled and definitely pulp fiction.

Last edited:

proxy.php

In my opinion, I'm hilarious. According to my daughter...well...

I have recently become a big fan of the Gillette Wilkinson Sword stainless Indian blades. They are well priced, at around £7 for 110 on Ebay UK, and are extremely efficient and smooth in my experience. A very under rated blade in my opinion, though they do seem to have a very good reputation and a loyal user base, many on B&B I notice.

I'm going with 2 shaves per blade at the moment. However, I had read on here from some users that they can get up to 5 good shaves with them.

Do any colleagues have tips on how to best store or treat them after each shave to get the best life from them? Do they need to be soaked in boiling water, or air dried or hung up in some way? Should they be replaced into their waxed paper sleeve?

Any tips welcomed.

Simon
I quit tossing blades once I started giving it a spray of alcohol before flipping the blade after each use.
Routinely get up to a month of comfortable shaves.
This many create some controversy;)
YMMV, Tom

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I quit tossing blades once I started giving it a spray of alcohol before flipping the blade after each use.
Routinely get up to a month of comfortable shaves.
This many create some controversy;)
YMMV, Tom
Interesting! I'm MUCH too lazy to try it though.

Top Bottom