What's new

What is The Best Canned Goo?

Simple question.

What is the best canned goo?

Unfortunately in my line of work bringing a brush and cream/soap to training events is not possible or rather inconvenient. So in these instances I will have to revert to using canned goo. But which one is better. There has to be a respectable one out there somewhere.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
How about a brushless cream. Anything but canned goo!!!!!

+1 on the Cream. Even a tube of C.O. Bigelow (Proraso) just rubbed in would be better.

Asking which canned goo is best to use for shaving is like asking which finger is best to whack with your hammer.
While there may be a correct answer, none are so correct as to avoid the pain.

As far as canned creams, I like the Noxzema. Neutrogena also makes a very good brushless cream in a tube. The C. O. Bigelow cream and gels also work good brushless. I find any of these work fine in travel situations. I usually use the Neutrogena. Of course, YMMV. Alan

Shave stick and a travel brush. Takes less space and more air travel friendly than an aerosol can.

If you have to have a can, I'd just buy whatever travel size your exchange has on sale.

I know it's a blood heresy here, but the foam in a can really isn't the end of the world. I'd be sure to give it extra time on the face, so you really aren't saving time over face-lathering with a shaving stick, but you can get decent shaves with the stuff.

I used to use Edge before I found a better way, and it gave me some very good results.

shave creams might be a good alternative for you. C.O Bigelow was mentioned. I have used Neutrogena Men Skin Clearing Shave cream is what I had handy for travelling. Also Kiss My Face in a tube might be something to check out as well. Any of those 3 can be applied without a brush.

Last canned stuff I used was Gillette Fusion hydragel. Wasn't bad, just not as nice as what I have experienced lately.

Never really gave much thought about brushless creams. I mentioned canned goo because on training exercises time is a luxury and time spent shaving is not a luxury I have.

Forgive me but I even thought about an electric razor. :eek:
Since in my job and vehicle I would be able to recharge the razor with ease.

Electric might be a good alternative since it would give my face "healing time" where as canned goo would just irritate it more.

Any suggestions on a rechargeable electric razor?

Heretic!!!
Where's the stake and the firewood!!!:lol::lol:

It's a fair cop.:biggrin:

Hey, if you're going to light that pile of wood, could you heat up some water while you're at it?

Seriously, a guy stands more chance of not getting booed off the stage here if they talk about using a cartridge razor than a (shudder) can of shaving cream.

:shaving:

See, it's not so bad. Not as good as a brush and any soap or cream, but not life threatening.

As to the OP's Q about (GASP!) electric razors, get yourself a Braun Pocket Twist for about $20...it runs on two AA batteries and will do a decent job on the fly. It's perfect for that emergency shave..."Hey, the CO wants to see you!" You could spend bigger bucks for a rechargeable beard buzzer, but why, when you are only going to use it in a tight spot? I've got a $70 Braun 5610 from my days of ignorance, and all it does now is take up space. For an electric it wasn't terrible.

Take your Bigelow cream, or better yet, get a shave stick and take a brush. If you don't want to risk your regular brush, get a Tweezerman or even a VDH Boar at the exchange.

If you have some time, shave DE with your brush and Bigelow cream, face lathering. All is bliss.

If you are short of time, shave DE with your Bigelow cream, creating a lather with your fingers. Still good.

If you are really rushed, grab the $20 Braun and shave on the fly. Not good, but it works.

Try EO Shave Foam. It's surprising, and takes a little different technique to get used to, but is great for a quick shave. Uses the "foaming hand soap" type pump mechanism. Great lubricant, and cleans up easy. Not drying like canned goo.

Noxzema, Neutrogena, Aveeno, Nivea, Proraso, Kiss My Face, Trader Joe's (Alba), Cremo. Canned, brushless all will give you an excellent shave.

I wouls say the Nivea sensitive skin gel, and the proraso Aloe Vera an Green tea can, i use them sometimes when im in a hurry .

Top Bottom