What's new

What is some of your “odd” rituals when it comes to shaving?

My weird ritual is that I have to have my music on. Usually Elton John, Steely Dan, Kenny G or an orchestrated movie score song such as something from Star Wars, jurassic park, titanic, etc. I always have a couple of ice cold beers for my shave routine, for after my shower. I do love lighting a wood wick candle. (I use others but I love the lavender spa scent from wood wick with the scent of my fresh soaps/creams.) I also like to flip my blades over with each shave before I put in a fresh blade. So tell me gents, Does anybody else have an “odd” or unique addition to their shave ritual? Let me know. I’d love to hear about it.

Last edited:
You sound like you are living it up in style when you shave. Beer and fancy candles sounds luxurious. You make me feel like a lame I might have to step it up with my shaving ambiance.

As of now I just listen to talk radio and put my mini space heater on blast to keep my bathroom warm. I guess the only weird ritual I do is rinse my razor in cold water as opposed to heating it up in warm water. I enjoy the feel of the cold steel across my mug. Pretty much everything else is standard I shower and use warm lather.

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

Kenny G? Isn't that dangerous? You don't want to fall asleep while shaving.

My ritual involves heating water for shaving in my electric kettle. The temperature can be set to well below boiling, but hotter than tap water. Then I fill a ceramic mug and two ceramic bowls with hot water from the kettle and start my brush and razor soaking. After a few minutes, everything is at the right temperature for shaving. The ceramic dishes stay warm for awhile since they retain heat.

Last edited:
You sound like you are living it up in style when you shave. Beer and fancy candles sounds luxurious. You make me feel like a lame I might have to step it up with my shaving ambiance.

As of now I just listen to talk radio and put my mini space heater on blast to keep my bathroom warm. I guess the only weird ritual I do is rinse my razor in cold water as opposed to heating it up in warm water. I enjoy the feel of the cold steel across my mug. Pretty much everything else is standard I shower and use warm lather.

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk
I’d say it’s worth a try man. Be fair warned that once you go down this rabbit hole, you’ll never shave without a beer again. :lol:

Kenny G? Isn't that dangerous? You don't want to fall asleep while shaving.

My ritual involves heating water for shaving in my electric kettle. The temperature can be set to well below boiling, but hotter than tap water. Then I fill a ceramic mug and two ceramic bowls with hot water from the kettle and start my brush and razor soaking. After a few minutes, everything is at the right temperature for shaving. The ceramic dishes stay warm for awhile since they retain heat.
I recommend a Georgetown pottery G20 for you, sir. That thing keeps lather warm long enough for 3-4 beers, and a 4 pass shave if you so desire.

I like to watch/listen to wetshavers as I shave. Not all the time but sometimes. It's oddly relaxing along with the shave.
I love watching shaving videos in general. Especially kensmurfs, and the boys from razor emporium. Stirling has their own channel you should check out on YT for some behind the scenes to the soap making process

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Not me, but my friend Erwin makes the sign of the cross just before he starts to shave with his first DE razor. I suppose he wants all the support he can get.

Defo a pint of Guinness!
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'm a vintage shaver with a safety razor collection that spans from the late 1890's (Kampfe Bros) to the 1980's (Schick Injectors and Gillette's), and I've taken to playing popular music from the year or time period of the razor. Probably the "strangest" thing about my shaves (since joining this forum) has been the proverbial "photo shoot" of the shave setup that takes place prior to shaving.

Dude, even when shaving with a cutthroat, I get done was faster than the time needed to enjoy a couple of (presumably hair-free) beers. I don’t even want to know what you are doing with all that time...

Top Bottom