What's new

What is Occam's OREN comparable to?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Especially in terms of efficiency! Specifically I am thinking the most aggressive plate of the OREN vs the Charcoal Goods level 3.

Thanks!

While the OREN is a better shaver than the original Occam's Razor, it has much to be desired in the way of a good shave. For me, the problem was the floating blade design which is not a great idea, but is passable with the OneBlade because the blade is bigger. the Feather AC blade is really meant to be clamped down and supported well and the OREN does not do that. The shave is comfortable but far from efficient and you will feel stubble a couple of hours later. It is nowhere as efficient as the CG Lvl 3, and I actually found the mild or medium plate to be more efficient only because it clamps the blade better than the aggressive plate. If you are looking at the Occam's razor series, I think the Enoch might be a better choice. Even though it hasn't shipped yet, the design itself clamps the blade very well and the mechansim looks similar to the Asylum RX, which compared more favorably with the Lvl 3.

the problem was the floating blade design which is not a great idea, the Feather AC blade is really meant to be clamped down and supported well and the OREN does not do that. The shave is comfortable but far from efficient

I agree 100%!

I had the original Occam. :thumbdown for the floating blade.

Top Bottom